Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cameron Boucher Calls Accusations Against Him “Baseless” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It’s true and the victims statement was posted above.

2. Madmod

Lurking

My understanding is the OP on reddit has not provided proof to the mods. Given that Nicole was making fake profiles earlier I don't want to jump to conclusions until that ironed out. That being said, this doesn't look good for Cam.

3. Lanz

Geez

4. Bass0820

Can we burn this scene to the ground already and start fresh

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Fake profiles? Was there an implication she was behind the victim post as a fake profile?

Wish it wasn’t brought forth by someone like Nicole.

mercury, dylan, solxace and 2 others like this.
  7. Madmod

Lurking

Dang that sucks

8. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

So sick of these disgusting band dudes, its sad how much this happens. So fucking gross

Nicole is also super whack

9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think both parties could have handled that specific situation better, but dude shouldn’t have done what he did.

10. markr

"don't get raped" is how to handle this situation better? k

SuNDaYSTaR, mercury, dylan and 3 others like this.
  11. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I apologize, maybe I just didn’t read the situation right. I will re-read it.

12. RobJGolde Apr 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2018)
    RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

In terms of handling the situation better, I really feel for the victim basically being forced to bring her story out to the public. It's important that she did and I support her 100% but it's pretty shitty that she had her trust violated like that by Nicole.

MegT585, SuNDaYSTaR and Zac Djamoos like this.
  13. SuNDaYSTaR Apr 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2018)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I will say that you're not voluntarily victim blaming, but you definitely are by trying to shift the focus from the guy's actions to her (arguably) poor communication skills. You're doing it again when you say that it "is hard to know from the information provided", which is another way of casting doubt over her recollection of events.

I have put in bold the part that describes when the rape happened and will reiterate that the law, in most states, is pretty straightforward when it comes to rape: without a clear "yes", it is sexual assault.

slowheart and cwhit like this.
  14. Philll

Trusted

She didn't offer the allegation in the first place, and in any event asking her to provide more details "to help her case" is really not good. The last thing she needs is to revisit traumatic events to satisfy incredulous randos on the internet. If you believe her, as you claim you do, then "he penetrated me without consent, knowledge or a condom" is the absolute most you need to know of the situation.

If the information at hand is not enough for you then I honestly don't believe anything else will be either.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Nobody here is "attacking" you, we're simply trying to make you understand how your line of thought is wrong and not productive in this type of situation. Stop playing the victim.

CoffeeEyes17 and cwhit like this.
  16. That's the definition of rape.

Joel Gustafson and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  17. Philll

Trusted

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm honestly attempting to engage with you in good faith, and I simply want to point out that your wording in this thread makes you appear somewhat unsympathetic towards the victim.

Even if you say you believe her (and benefit of the doubt, I think you do), placing that statement alongside phrases such as "I wish she provided more details" and "If this is true then I totally agree that it is rape, I'm just trying to understand what happened here." Those phrases make you look incredulous and do nothing to further the victims cause. Is all I'm saying.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.