Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cameron Boucher Calls Accusations Against Him “Baseless”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Cameron Boucher of Sorority Noise has responded to accusations against him via his Twitter account. He calls the accusations “baseless.” The full reply can be found below.

pic.twitter.com/TtYL195tdT

— Cameron Boucher (@thecamboucher) April 10, 2018

I am aware of the Facebook post that Nicole Schoenholz made late last night that has made its way to Reddit and other social media.

I would like to firmly state that her accusations are false.

I take accusations of sexual violence and nonconsent very seriously. Since last night, I have taken the time to have honest conversations with previous intimate partners and given them the room to share if they had any experiences with me that were nonconsensual or disrespectful in any way.

Following those dialogues, I can confirm that the accusations against me are baseless.

Please know I have handled with as much care and respect as possible. Thank you for reading this.

2. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

This is confusing insofar as I understand the pertinent allegation involved having sex with someone while they were unconscious. That doesn’t seem like something you need to check with previous partners about.

3. shawnhyphenray

Regular

That statement seemed very strange and vague and like he just wrote it quickly just to write it...

4. Bass0820

Apparently the accusation is made by Nicole from TWIABP???

5. red8ge

Regular

kind of fucked, not being sure whether or not you victimized someone and then asking them whether you did?

6. WorseThanWords

This would be really upsetting and disturbing if true.

7. CSWAPPO

Regular

GODDAMMIT MAN

8. WorseThanWords

Well, I don't think that's completely fair. I think that's situatuonal. For instance, some people may not be as vocal as others and are too scared to say that something made them feel uncomfortable or vicitimized and the other party may have grown up in a way where they aren't able to recognize what they're doing could be negatively impacting someone.

In this situation though I completely agree.

9. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Just gonna say that this accusation is being made by an abuser who has made no effort to apologize or own up to what they've done and has defended other abusers

Carrow, SamLevi11, Youarcade and 5 others like this.
  10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

"Other people told me I did nothing wrong to them, so believe me when I tell you that what she's saying is false."

Jared Luttrell and Audrey Horne like this.
  11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Honestly though, is there anything an accused party could release as a statement other than “yep, my bad” that would pass muster these days?

DesireToPlease likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think this guy knows how stuff works. A lot of people do things in the dark that no one else knows about.

13. It’s been mentioned in the accountability thread but shortly after he posted the tweet, his ex girlfriend replied saying “you forgot one”

The tweet has since been deleted.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s about PR. The accused will always get into a frenzy and panic mode. If they haven’t admitted it before the accusations then they won’t be comfortable admitting it after the accusations.

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Does anyone have a link/details about what Nicole accused him of?

16. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Per Brooklyn Vegan:

Sorority Noise and Old Gray frontman Cam Boucher has given an official statement after being accused of rape in a since-deleted Facebook post last night, denying the allegations. The post was made by former The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die member Nicole Schoenholz (who parted ways with the band on negative terms, and who has faced allegations of emotional abuse). Stereogum points to a screenshot of Schoenholz’s Facebook post on Reddit, which reads “[Cam Boucher] is a fucking scumbag who raped a friend of mine.” In the replies on Reddit, a user who claims to be Nicole added, “My friend stayed the night with Cam while he was in college and she woke up to Cam fucking her while she was asleep. This isn’t a unique situation or one off ‘missed step.'”

I Am Mick likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, I don't believe a word Nicole says, she has form for manipulation and abuse, and a track record of lying.

Of course you should believe the victim, but she isn't the victim, and has a bad record of lying and protecting abusers.

I Am Mick and cwhit like this.
  18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yup, my thoughts as well. i do not trust her at all. she played a show with other abusers last month, and in the reddit thread was still protecting them.

19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

this is a tough one but it would help to hear more directly from a victim cause hearsay from Nicole isn't super reliable

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

dylan likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

dylan likes this.
  22. Iamhollywood315

Regular

That Nicole girl is a piece of shit. One look at her Facebook page you can tell she is a drama queen train wreck. What gives her the right to bring public and abuse the trust of someone

CSWAPPO likes this.
  23. cwhit

it's really sad, it seemed for a long while that she was actually getting some help and was healing, but her posts and stuff as of late are pretty scary

CSWAPPO likes this.
  24. edquin

Hope this isn't true and that nobody was actually harmed.

Attached Files:

CSWAPPO likes this.
  25. cwhit

the nicole stuff is very true.

however, the cam stuff is as well. read up, the new post from the victim was posted