Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Calvin and Hobbes Comic Book

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Calvin and Hobbes discussion.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Jason Tate May 9, 2015
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2015)
    Best comic of all time? Yeah. Probably.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  3. Test Account

Yeah, it really is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. This was a pleasant surprise to find in the back of the Entertainment forum hehe.

5. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I look through my collection weekly. Timeless.

6. I've got the big hardcover versions up on my shelf, and then the paperbacks are around to just read on a regular basis. This comic means so much to me.

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Been meaning to buy the hardcover for a long time, maybe it'll be a Christmas present to myself this year.

8. It's truly gorgeous. It was my present to myself when I graduated college. Haha. I bought myself that and then got myself my own cell phone plan.

Growing up!

9. [​IMG]

Jason Tate and PyramidPostcard like this.
  10. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

All hail calvin & hobbes. I still remember my first calvin & hobbes book & how old I was when I got it - weirdos from another planet / eight years old. I want to break out that hardcover set, now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I do the same. Wife got me the hardcover for a birthday one year, so I have that displayed on built-in and paperbacks are scattered on shelves for random readings. I feel like I constantly take something new away from each reading. Love it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

one day i'll grab the real nice version of these. my brother owns most of the paperbacks but i can't collect them that way, i need it centralized.

13. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Yeah, I already had all the paperbacks too... but I couldn't pass up that hardcover! There's so little calvin & hobbes to be had, so I pick up everything & anything!

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. I'm at the point where it very clear to me that it's one of my favorite, and most important, literature experiences of my entire life.

suburban myth likes this.
  15. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Everyone watched that Bill Watterson documentary on Netflix, right?

16. Dear Mr Watterson? Yeah. I liked that one. Was fun and a total love letter to C&H.

The guy that wrote the upcoming movie The Boy and His Tiger sent me the script a while back, and I really loved it. I hope the movie turns out as good as the script was.

17. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I didn't know this existed. Thanks for the heads up! Spring Break next week, I'll have to watch it then.

C&H is absolutely my favorite comic.

18. New avatar for the week of launch. Stupendous Man!

Zac Djamoos and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

This thread and Jason's avatar make me want to pull out my books and read some tonight before bed. Been a long time.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

My favorite comic strip - I've only come to appreciate it more as I've gotten older.

Interesting note: I grew up, and still live, in the same area as Bill Watterson (northeast Ohio). I've always loved that he drew Calvin rampaging through downtown Chagrin Falls (Watterson's hometown) onto the back of The Essential Calvin and Hobbes. I had some of my wedding photos taken in front of the building Calvin is holding:
    [​IMG]

suburban myth and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Love Calvin & Hobbes. I've always wanted the hardcover but I have most of the books regardless. Used to read them constantly as a child.

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i brought my books up to boston with me after easter and it appears as though several may have gone missing from my bedroom at home. i didnt look until the last few minutes when i was leaving but i was pretty upset about it.

23. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

These strips are responsible for about 90% of my way of thinking, whenever I get paid I'm getting the scene where Hobbes and transmogrified tiger Calvin tattoed on me.

Jusscali likes this.
  24. Jason Tate likes this.