Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Last year's event was truly amazing, and it's all for the best cause. Unfortunately can't make it to this one however.

2. Skinkie

Regular

In the last 6 or 7 minutes of this Butch briefly talks about releasing his next album. Albums actually. One big 80s sounding one and one vocal and acoustic.

No word on if it’s the same songs performed differently or two wholly different albums.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

that looks tight. will watch later

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really hope he has something coming soon. Been too long! Excited to watch this, though.

5. abw123

Trusted

Guys, I apologize for this ask in advance. I am a new fan and I've bought (yes, I still buy music) all of the commercially available stuff. I have about 35 Butch songs I need to complete my collection. I'm going to list them here and if anyone can help I'd really really appreciate it. Looking for the studio versions of all of these (where applicable). Thanks so much in advance.

Marvelous 3

Just Wanna Go Home

Fastboat

Cold As Hell

I Want You

Reelin’ In The Years

Betty Said

So Much To Ask

Scars

People Are Strange

Merry Christmas

Solo

New York Minute

That Side Of You

Fixed Gears And Broken Hearts

Answering Machine Girl

My Best Friend’s Magic Girlfriend

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Teenage Lust

I Just Want You To Want This Again

Last Christmas

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Christmas All Over Again

Xmas In April

Santa Self (Fuck Your Xmas Party)

Sober (Piano Version)

Over The Mountain

Sunny Day (Full version)

All Falls Apart

Sweet Song

Every time You Go Away

All You Need Is Love

In Bloom

Are You Getting All The Love You Need

The Other End of The Telescope

Growing Up (Don’t Let Me Down)

The Rose

6. irthesteve

@abw123 I'll take a look at my library in a bit and see if I can help out at all, welcome to the thread!

7. abw123

Trusted

Hey, thanks so much for checking! Really appreciate it.

8. Craig Manning

I think @Skinkie has everything in a Google Drive folder or something. Should be easy to share. If not, I can upload pretty much all of that stuff.

9. Skinkie

Regular

I do have them all in a drive already, Ill send over a couple of folders that should get you started. I’m actually out of town until Saturday night or I’d make sure they were all there for you, but if no one else does I’ll hit you up when I’m back

10. irthesteve

well looks like I'm not needed here! haha

11. Skinkie

Regular

Yep, found a slightly unorganized folder that I think has everything he wants and more. Should take care of things

12. Skinkie

Regular

I’m also surprised that a few of those don’t seem to be commercially available anymore.

Unless I’m missing something both the Live at Lollapalooza, the Elvis Costello tribute album, and Here Comes The ... singles are no longer on iTunes. And See That Side of You used to be on Amazon. Weird

13. abw123

Trusted

Thank you Skinkie (and others)!!! I will look through the folders tomorrow. Much appreciated!

Craig Manning likes this.
  14. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

It took me forever to track down New York Minute, which was one of those early-days streams without proper ripping software lol.

Now if YouTube doesn’t have it, I turn to the Chorus crowd, and they serve us well. What a time to be alive.

15. Skinkie

Regular

I burnt New York Minute to a CD and ripped it from there to get around all the stupid DRM stuff on the original file. Which was the style at the time

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

Yeah, wasn't "New York Minute" a pre-order only digital bonus track for The Rise and Fall?

17. Skinkie

Regular

Yeah, if I remember correctly for preordering you got that digitally and the Cover Me Bass EP on CD

18. irthesteve

Butch produced and co-wrote this, sounds very Butch-y

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

VERY, haha. Good though!

irthesteve likes this.
  20. abw123

Trusted

Just curious, as a new Butch fan, do people consider this Maya/1969 album an essential part of his discography?

I don't hate it or anything but it's certainly not his best work.

21. irthesteve

non-essential but still enjoyable overall

Slangster and KidLightning like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

I've never even heard/listened to that one hah

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Wreck Me" is the only song I've ever come back to.

24. Skinkie

Regular

I believe the majority of it was written by the guitar player without too much involvement from Butch. So while I find it an enjoyable listen, I wouldn’t call it one of the essentials.

25. Craig Manning

No. Most of the music is written buy Michael Guy Chislett of The Academy Is, so it's not really a very Butch-centric album. I still think there are three perfect tracks on it though, between "Wreck Me" and the last two.