Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

And honselty, I fuckin’ lovvveeeeee that shit. Hope the whole record is that vein.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Did he announce a new album yet?

3. Skinkie

Regular

No official announcements, but he’s talked about working on it, and posted a couple song bits

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The best song on this album, for me, is one he never plays and no one ever talks about: "Don't You Think Someone Should Take You Home."

Jason Tate and KidLightning like this.
  6. Super underrated album in his discography IMO. "Days/Months/Years" is one of my favorite Butch tunes.

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

It's my least favorite of his solo albums almost by default, just because it's the one that feels the least "him" to me. A little too much Michael Trent influence. Some really killer tunes though.

KidLightning and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Skinkie

Regular

Hey, me too. I think a some of the songs sound like they are still early drafts and could’ve used another pass or two. Not bad, just not up to the usual level.

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

It's the album that most just feels like a grab bag. It's kind of all over the place and you're right that a few of the songs feel undercooked. It begins strong and ends strong, but the mid-section is a little bit dull.

10. I definitely think "Stripped Down Version," "Canadian Ten," and "Temporary Title" form a lull in the middle of the album at tracks 4-6. It may have benefitted from some different sequencing. But I still have a lot of fondness for it overall. Probably because it was the first Butch album that I highly anticipated after getting into him with Sycamore Meadows. I was really into that rollout.

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"She Likes Hairbands" is super mega underrated

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Great song

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

It’s great, but I wouldn’t call it underrated. He’s played it at every show I’ve been to since this album came out.

14. Craig Manning

Those three and “House of Cards” are a little thin, I think. Most of them feel like they should have been b-sides.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

haha oh... shows what I know :-)

16. Slangster

Butch's "Eye of the Tiger" cover is in a new truck commercial.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Any news about a new album? Its been awhile!

Brother Beck and KidLightning like this.
  19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can't lie - seeing the thread bumped had me SO HYPED that there was some news.

I am ready.

AlwaysEvolving21 and Donnie Ruth like this.
  20. Skinkie

Regular

Someone asked in one of the Facebook groups awhile ago, apparently it fell back from a release early in the year due to damage the wildfires caused to his house and property (nothing nearly as bad as last time though). Since then I haven’t heard anymore

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn! He still lives in that area? I didn't know that. My Aunt and Uncle were his neighbors the first fire. Butch was renting the house from Flea at the time. My Aunt and Uncle lost their house at the time too. It was horrible.

Jesus...I can't imagine almost going through something like that again.

22. Skinkie

Regular

Yeah I think he splits his time evenly between LA and Nashville these days

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. Slangster

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Ohhhhhhh yes.

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Very ready for this announcement.