Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Posting this here because I think you can hear the Butch Walker influence in this song. I was listening to him a lot at the time.

So this is the last single before the album drops on Friday. This is the one written about my late mother. She used to sit in a chair every morning with her coffee and the newspaper and take pictures of hummingbirds coming to the feeders outside of our living room window. In some cultures, hummingbirds were symbols of war, and that inspired the metaphors throughout the song parreleling her battle with cancer. Hope you guys like it.

https://itun.es/us/ZTI5kb

https://emerson.band

KidLightning and JRGComedy like this.
  3. Skinkie

Regular

According to Butch's Facebook Cassette Backs is apparently finally getting a digital release this week. Looks like another limited vinyl release of it as well

KidLightning likes this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yesssss I was hoping he would release that thing digitally soon!

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Oh man, if I had known people didn't have that digitally I would have shared ages ago.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've definitely had it for months now

7. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Guess this means I'll be breaking my own rule of not listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

11. irthesteve

8-song Christmas album out on Friday!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  12. irthesteve

UGH it was already posted. Whatever, my post has pretty art :-)

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Everything is wrong with that. I will not listen until after Thanksgiving and, more likely, until December.

Skinkie likes this.
  14. Skinkie

Regular

My only disappointment is that they are traditional songs and not originals. I want a whole albums worth of Merry Christmases and Santa’Selfs

irthesteve and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Craig Manning

Man, I was really hoping we'd finally get a studio version of his cover of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)."

16. irthesteve

Hello and good day to you all, friends! The elves over at my management company have asked me to put together a little message for you guys to let you in on some cool news... We kinda, mistakenly made a Holiday record. Yep.. That's right.. We gathered into the studio one day, to work up a bunch of fun and silly holiday songs for a caroling party, someone accidentally hit the "record" button and the microphones captured what we like to consider a pretty light-hearted, intoxicated romp of holiday cheer for all of you to hear. We thought it was too good and too fun not to share it with the World. So we bring you, Over The Holidays (And Under The Influence), a holiday full-length album for you! This is the ultimate holiday gift and also a great thing to put on at parties and let it humor you with altered versions of some of the classics for young and old alike! This is officially my first ever Holiday full-length album and i couldn't be more ecstatic with it. There's been so much awful hate and negativity in this world as of late, that we felt like the right thing to do was ring in some holiday laughs and cheers this year. Here's how to get the album for your very own (including very limited vinyl that ships immediately). Plus, the artwork elfin' rules... See what i did there?

Happy Holidays and best wishes everybody,

Butch and the band

17. Skinkie

Regular

I bought it and listened to a few minutes. Sounds fun, but I just can’t listen to this in full until Thanksgiving is over.

KidLightning likes this.
  18. mationation

I think God's a painter

put this on curl up by the fire with drinking with strangers and a fine bourbon this holiday season and remember that butch is the gift that keeps on giving

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Can anybody hook me up with a download of Readysexgo?

20. Craig Manning

skurt likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

❤❤❤

skurt and Craig Manning like this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Craig Manning and skurt like this.
  23. Craig Manning

That was part of the point, haha. They were trying to make a super ridiculous arena rock record.

“Cigarette Lighter Love Song” remains one of Butch’s best, though.

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. Skinkie

Regular

I think Butch’s description that he was trying to make Hysteria for the 2000s perfectly encapsulates that album. I love it

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. Skinkie

Regular

Another clip of the new album