Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker - Stay Gold (August 26, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 8, 2016.

1. doubledribble

Regular

Not nice... not nice at all

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

doubledribble likes this.
  3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The last song on this is just master class storytelling. Rips me apart.

4. Craig Manning

One of his very best. That line, "your hand starts to tremble when you lie," just kills me.

5. doubledribble

Regular

You stop it. Stop it right now!

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Good lord I need this record.

KidLightning likes this.
  7. snick

8. Craig Manning

I really love this one. The bridge is one of my favorite parts of the album. Perfect encapsulates the album's themes of lovers breaking apart and reconnecting.

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

AHHH!!!

EDIT: God damn, this is good.

10. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

perfect

11. Craig Manning

Definitely questioning his decision to release the entire first side of the record as singles/pre-release tracks, though.

12. Mr. Serotonin

Seems like everyone's been doing that lately. Not necessarily a whole first half, but like 5 songs from a record. I don't really get it.

13. Craig Manning

No, I don't understand it at all. I think three is the maximum you should release before an album comes out. Otherwise it's kind of like "Okay, I've already heard all this," which is definitely not how this album should be heard because it's so cohesive and flows so well.

But oh well! I've got no doubt that people are going to love this. Side two is straight fire anyway, so it's not like he's let all of the cats out of the bag already.

14. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, It's like artists are afraid people will forget the album is coming out. So to build hype, they announce the album, release one song, and then another song once a month for like 4-5 months. I think if anything, that kind of diminishes the hype. Just announce the album 2 months prior and release 1-2 singles.

15. Craig Manning

At this point, I think Butch/Dangerbird are releasing one every two weeks or something. They announced the album in late May, right? I think a mid-to-late July release would have been the ideal target with that announcement time. But then I know there are other factors to consider, like the tour and vinyl and stuff. It's just such a summer album, I'm a little shocked they didn't rush to get it out in some format a little bit sooner.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. doubledribble

Regular

you should ask him about that whenever you do another interview. Very interesting

17. Craig Manning

Hopefully scheduling that soon. This would definitely be one of my questions, because the same thing happened with The Spade.

18. Skinkie

Regular

This is why I haven't listened to any past the first two. AND ITS KILLING ME!

19. Craig Manning

I think you'll be happy you did that in the long run.

20. doubledribble

Regular

I have a friend that got to listen to the album and he has basically reiterated everything you have said about the album. He also said this one might just top The Spade.

Can't wait to read another interview!

21. Craig Manning

I like it way, way more than The Spade. I liked that album a lot, but I think this one is both more fun and more poignant. It seems more personal to Butch pretty much across the board. It might honestly be my second favorite album from him at this point.

22. doubledribble

Regular

The Spade was my friends favorite album. I thought it was interesting that he topped it with this album. I have honestly loved every song that has been released, and this could very easily become my favorite album if the second half is as good as you are saying! Thanks for continually rubbing it in our faces that you have had the pleasure of listening, and then sharing your thoughts!!!

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Still toughing it out...........

I have a long bus ride the day this album drops, so this will very likely be all I listen to.

24. Rully

Holy shit are you all saying that the rest of the album can top all the song that had been premiered? :scream: This could easily replace Letters if that's the case.

25. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Nothing will ever "easily" replace Letters.

But I am very excited to hear this whole thing and it'll probably be in the top-2 of my year-end list.