Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker - Stay Gold (August 26, 2016) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Skinkie

Regular

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. Skinkie

Regular

It’s a capture of the livestream on Facebook. I was happy to add it to my collection as during my capture my Internet kept blowing up.

4. irthesteve

ooooooooh nice! How's the audio quality?

5. Skinkie

Regular

This one sounds pretty great. It was much better than the stream from last year

irthesteve likes this.
  6. Tangled82

@Craig Manning I hadn’t seen this video and just saw the link on another site, which I followed back here. You might have already figured this out, but... Ryan is the same guy who hosted/acted as MC for the Autumn Leaves Project events out in Topanga. If you watched the live feed (or listen to the bootlegged audio), he’s on there. I’d honestly forgotten hearing the story about his niece, but if you really want your heart broken, Ryan posted the eulogy his brother gave on the gofundme page. He also posted links to both the song Butch wrote and the song written by a country duo, with whom I’m not familiar.
    I’d seen him at prior events, but I chatted with him really briefly at the Sunday event this year and he was /super/ nice.
    There are also links to a couple charities on there.

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My cousin co-wrote this song, so hearing Butch sing it is just super fucking cool.

8. Cool! Nice tune, kind of a reggae groove almost. Fun hearing Butch sing this style, it doesn't sound to me like something he would write. How did the collab come about?

9. Craig Manning

This is actually a cover of a Post Malone song that (I think?) was a number 1 hit this summer.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  10. irthesteve

This is absolutely the last thing I expected to find from this thread bump, there has to be a story behind why he covered this song hah

11. Craig Manning

I don't even know where it came from. Someone just tweeted it to me, but he hasn't shared it as far as I've seen. I bet it's out on streaming platforms tomorrow and then he'll explain it.

12. irthesteve

I would guess you are totally correct

13. Looks like I'm officially out of touch

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

He said on Instagram last weekend that he had a cover coming this week. Sounded like something he did on a whim, but I'm sure he'll say more tomorrow like you said.

15. Skinkie

Regular

He mentioned earlier this week he had recorded a cover. Seems to have just become available a day before expected.

16. Craig Manning

I feel pretty confident that I wouldn't know this song if my cousin hadn't written it and there wasn't a line in it about my aunts and uncles. Ha

17. Skinkie

Regular

Yeah, I’m not familiar with it at all. Don’t know what song I was expecting, but not this. It’s ok, but I’m more waiting for this concept album he’s teased. Just hook it to my veins!

18. Slangster

Mr. Serotonin and irthesteve like this.
  19. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Man he really should have given that text a once over before posting. But also that's awesome that the Weezer album got nominated.

20. irthesteve

Hey kids, come play

Rob Thomas - New Album 2019 • forum.chorus.fm

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

22. Slangster

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Want it now

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is probably my second most anticipated album thus far this year (only behind the Menzingers).

25. Craig Manning

Following up my favorite album of the decade. Yep, I’m psyched.

Donnie Ruth likes this.