Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I love Easy. I'll be happy if most of the album is on that level.

2. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

One of the biggest things I've taken from these live videos is that they sound really polished as a live unit which is fantastic. When I heard that they hadn't even started rehearsing two weeks ago I was a bit concerned, but they sound excellent. Matt and James were easily the weakest links vocally in McBusted performances so I'm glad they've worked on that. Charlie has always been top notch on stage.

3. SpyKi

Just watched "Coming Home" and they all did really well on that one. There's also a fantastic moment where they're all playing together and look like they're having so much fun. Also the reaction when Charlie starts singing is so good. I really wish there wasn't the vocal effect on Charlie for the studio version because I think he sounds way better live and it elevates the song a lot, especially at the end.

4. SpyKi

Love "Easy" so much. I wish that was the first song they released, haha.

5. Schooner

Trusted

I just realised what Coming Home reminded me of. I think it's an MGMT single. Def the verses do

6. SpyKi

James Bourne version of "One of a Kind".

7. SpyKi

Also they posted a great video of the Wembley show on Facebook so I'm guessing they filmed it all. :)

8. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I'm conflicted because I actually quite like "One Of A Kind", but on the other hand I feel a bit cheated that James is using a recycled song he wrote 6-7 years ago. He did that with a handful of McBusted tracks too.

Schooner likes this.
  9. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Genuinely surprised a pop group never took this song off his hands before now.

10. SpyKi

I like it, especially the recorded version because the verses sound better but I think a song needs to be really great to justify bringing an old solo song back instead of them just writing something new and I don't think this is worth it. I was very ok with James bringing "What Happened to Your Band" to the McBusted album because it felt like it fit to be on there as the first time "Busted" was back in a way and it was one of the best songs on there.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I'm enjoying these videos. Cobus seems like a super cool bloke.

12. Schooner

Trusted

Oh wow. I remember I used to watch him play drum covers to Korn and Tool songs. He is a monster on the kit. Didn't realise they snagged him for the tour

13. SpyKi

Sitting in the crowd now. Hyped.

Schooner likes this.
  14. SpyKi

So good. A bit gutted that the three songs I saw people take toilet breaks for the most were "Everything I Knew", "Why" and "Easy". Three of the best songs.

15. Schooner

Trusted

I would have abused them and told them to pee in a cup of need be

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Had a brilliant time last night in Manchester. If Charlie doesn't want to be there then he's a good actor. Now i've just got to wait until September for round 2!

Kizwiz and SpyKi like this.
  17. SpyKi

Yeah he seemed super into it when I saw them.

18. Kizwiz

Regular

Yeah, I saw them Friday in Birmingham. 'Easy' is so catchy. It's a much better new [unreleased] song than 'One of a Kind', which originated from James' unreleased solo EP, just in case you guys haven't seen that;

Charlie smiled at many points so he does seem to be enjoying it. I also really hope they release a 'What I go to School For (energised version)' as like a b-side or something. That song sounds so much better with palm mutes and a faster tempo.

Schooner likes this.
  19. SpyKi

Yeah I posted that a page or two back. It's grown on me but I still don't know why they're using it when they can clearly write way better songs.

20. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I watched this yesterday evening and really enjoyed it. Audio is a bit sketchy in parts but that's to be expected. He's so close to the stage so it's great to see their energy, expressions and how much they're enjoying the gig.

SpyKi and Schooner like this.
  21. Schooner

Trusted

Been watching the America or Busted on YouTube. They're incomplete and out of order but here and there on YouTube

22. SpyKi

I love that show, haha.

23. SpyKi

almost like you're there, haha. I still love the reaction when Charlie first starts singing.

24. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Schooner likes this.
  25. SpyKi

I kind of hate that they keep doing announcements with the Sun and Dan Wootton. Also wish there was some more information there, wondering whether "Coming Home" is the first single Matt was referring to or whether it's something else.