Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I feel like I've been the opposite. I feel like I'm the same in that I wouldn't give these songs a second listen if they weren't Busted but I don't think I'd have as much of a negative reaction if they weren't the first songs in 12 years from one of my favourite bands. Starting to get my Fightstar itch back, haha.

2. SpyKi

Easy.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  3. SpyKi

Definitely my favourite so far.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  4. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Oh man, "Easy" is a tuuuune.

SpyKi likes this.
  5. SpyKi

Still missing a substantial bridge. Really hope this album doesn't end up feeling half baked or rushed.

6. WhosBroden? May 11, 2016
    (Last edited: May 11, 2016)
    WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I think just having the predominantly instrumental bridge works quite well on this, although it's hard to say without having heard the studio version. As for "Coming Home", the bridge is still my favourite section. Love those harmonies and the lyric just works so well.

7. SpyKi

I agree on this song I was just hoping there would be more as an indication that they are doing stuff with bridges, haha. The bridge and chorus to "Coming Home" are my least favourite parts of the song, I just really dislike repetitive sections like that and I don't even like the melody or the way the vocals are done. I do really like how the guitars are done in contrast to the rest of the song though.

8. SpyKi

I looked into "One of a Kind" and it does seem like it's an old solo James song since the lyrics have been online for ages so I think it's really weird that it's now a Busted song.

9. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Charlie doesn't rejoin Busted because their musical tastes were too different so James pulls the ultimate troll job and digs up a 6 year old song for the album lol

collin512 and SpyKi like this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

Just as long as Jimmy isn't pulling out unreleased Future Boy songs!

WhosBroden? likes this.
  11. SpyKi

It doesn't sound that different to Future Boy. It was probably for the second Future Boy thing that never came out. "Riding on My Bike" >

12. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I didn't mind James' stuff outside of Future Boy. Call Me When I'm 18 had some wicked tunes. "Go Home Monday", "Dumbstruck", "Break It", they were all fantastic.

13. SpyKi

I don't think I've ever heard of this before, haha. I must admit I was very Charlie focused in terms of their post-Busted work, haha. I listened to a lot of Son of Dork but that's about it.

14. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Here's "Dumbstruck". I have "Break It" in reasonable quality that I can probably send you too.

15. SpyKi

yo this is the shit I like from James.

16. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Writing credits for Easy say that only James wrote it. Hmmm.

17. SpyKi

Where did you get the writing credits?

18. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

ASCAP but I'm not exactly sure why certain songs go up when. There's a ton of unreleased songs listed and then Easy but no Coming Home. So it's weird

19. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

It's certainly going to be intriguing to see the writing credits on this record. The way the guys spoke up on stage seemed to suggest that they all wrote "Easy" together since it was "the first song (they) wrote in Philadelphia". So I don't know what's going on there if James is the only one credited. I know "Coming Home" credits all three of them.

20. SpyKi

There's a song called "Just Couldn't Win" that's down as all three of them.

21. SpyKi

Also Charlie's credited for "No Worries" which I'm assuming is the McFly song which is super weird. I love that song though.

22. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

"Miss Sweden" credits James, Charlie, Matt and a couple of others so that might be on the record too.

Thanks for this @Joe DeAndrea - interesting stuff!

23. SpyKi

That and "Wannabe Celebrity". Kind of hoping those two are just old songs though that they never released because those titles do not excite, haha.

24. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Haha, I'm the opposite because title-wise they sound like they could fit in on A Present For Everyone and if so, I'm going to be super happy about that!

25. SpyKi

Both sound worse/more trivial than anything on APFE, haha. Maybe "Air Hostess" is in the same ball park but I'd feel very weird if they wrote a song like that now. At least lyrically, I'd be down with a song like that musically, haha.

WhosBroden? likes this.