Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love the first half of the setlist, not as into the back half. Hoping the new songs will make a better impression when I hear them in full.

2. SpyKi

Apparently Why may have parts of Losing You at the end? Not sure, just seen someone put it down as Why/Losing You

3. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Man, I'm so excited for videos to start making their way online!

4. SpyKi

Wish they would have played "Loner in Love" or "Nerdy" instead of "Thunderbirds" but I understand that's a song that people like.

5. SpyKi

There's little clips on Twitter and Instagram if you can't wait, haha.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  6. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Shows over, now we wait..

7. SpyKi

Full setlist

Coming Home
    Air Hostess
    Falling for You
    Everything I Knew
    You Said No
    That Thing You Do
    Dawsons Geek
    Who's David
    Easy (new)
    Meet You There
    One of a Kind (new)
    Thunderbirds (ugh)
    Sleeping With the Light On
    Why
    Crashed the Wedding
    What I Go to School For
    3am
    Year 3000

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loner In Love is one of my favorites...I'd be fine with axing Thunderbirds (and year 3000)

SpyKi likes this.
  9. SpyKi

The only songs I've seen people moaning about them not playing are "Britney" and "She Wants to Be Me". My least favourites from their respective albums. My thoughts on this band's music seems to be very much the opposite of most fans.

10. SpyKi

just saw someone post their final tour dates back in 2004 and they played 5 nights in a row at Wembley Arena. Damn they were big.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Show didn't go nearly as long as I expected it to given it's been twelve years. Decent setlist but I'd chop and change a few of them,

12. Schooner

Trusted

Such a good setlist.
    (I do quite like thunderbirds. Reminds me of my cinema working days when we would dance sweeping the popcorn dancing with our brooms)

Any vibes on the other 2 new songs. Style?

Hopefully you tubes are up when I'm home

13. SpyKi

Of course it's the first one.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  14. SpyKi

Both new songs, from the clips I saw, sounded kind of in line with Coming Home. Both were kind of slow synthy. One of a Kind has a kind of falsetto chorus.

15. Schooner

Trusted

Ballsy from the boys to keep with that vibe. Not that I think the reunion was a cash in despite the huge pay day. I really did thing they'd be going the fast pop punk vibe to continue and jump behind the success of 5SOS who I always considered to be Aussie Busted who actually went broke the US

16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

"One Of A Kind".

Charlie sounds ace.

Schooner likes this.
  17. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

That song isn't great

18. SpyKi

Really unsure about that one. The music is kind of a fun 80's synth pop tune which is cool but I'm not that into the vocal melodies. I think I could be a fan if the studio version turns out well but not sure if I'll love it.

19. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I like that a lot.

20. SpyKi

I like the direction in sound they're going but I think the song writing's pretty lackluster so far.

21. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Can't listen the live one atm but I wonder if One of a Kind is the same song that James debuted on a UK station years ago. Was supposed to be meant for his "pop punk" solo project. I wish I still had the song around somewhere

22. SpyKi

I saw someone mention on Twitter it was originally a song James had.

23. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

New song is still stuck in my head. This synth driven direction has me a little concerned though. I want some big, poppy moments scattered throughout the record.

24. SpyKi

Yeah I'm hoping we get that too. James has said every song is it's own thing so I'm hopeful. I'm definitely lowering my expectations a bit though, haha.

25. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I love what I've heard from the new tracks (which admittedly isn't much) but I'm incredibly biased. I've waited twelve years and it almost feels like I'm going to force myself to love this even if I'm skeptical. But if I were to take the rose colored glasses off for a moment and look at it objectively, if this wasn't under the Busted moniker would I give a shit about these songs? Probably not. You take their vocals out and instead put three random members in that I'd never heard before, I'd listen once and probably forget about them and continue spinning the new Niki and the Dove record. Yet because it's Busted, I'm all for it.