Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. Schooner

Trusted

I've tried to listening to McFly on probably 4 different occasion spread over a decade and Everytime I think I'm gonna like them. Then I spin some of their most popular songs and just don't like them what so ever no matter how much I try and should like them

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

What songs are you listening to? Like Busted I think a lot of their most popular stuff are among their weakest material. Album tracks are always best.

3. Schooner

Trusted

I have no idea TBH.
    5 colours was one that I particularly didn't think much of.
    Might have been the ones played with McBusted on their set I most recently heard. I'll try again today to listen.
    Perhaps I did the top 10 most purchased on iTunes samples

4. SpyKi

Yeah 5 Colours is definitely one of their weakest songs. I can tolerate it but don't particularly like that song. I think honestly they're a much more inconsistent band than Busted but they have a lot of songs I think are genuinely great, mostly their ballads.

Schooner likes this.
  5. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Definitely agree that Wonderland and Motion In The Ocean (man that title still makes me cringe) are McFly's strongest efforts. I'd start there.

Schooner likes this.
  6. SpyKi

I love MITO so much but yeah what a bad title, haha.

7. SpyKi

Today's the day! I'm so excited to get some YouTube videos and find out what the setlist looks like. Plus we should get to hear one or two new songs.

Schooner and WhosBroden? like this.
  8. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Haha, yes! Generally I dislike watching live videos but tomorrow morning I'm going to watch everything I can lay my eyes on.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. SpyKi

I usually don't bother either unless it's new songs for bands I really love that I'm interested in hearing but with this I'm going for everything, haha. Just seeing them play for the first time in 11 years will be so amazing.

10. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I really hope they professionally film one of their gigs on this tour. I reckon I've watched the Ticket For Everyone DVD upwards of a dozen times. I think that would help soften the blow too for overseas fans that are going to be unable to see them on the UK tour.

Schooner likes this.
  11. SpyKi

I feel like they will. I'd be surprised if they didn't honestly.

12. SpyKi

Listening to both Busted albums to get me hyped. Stuff like "All the Way" always gets forgotten by me because I focus on my favourites but this song is great.

13. SpyKi

"Without You" is probably my favourite song on the first album.

14. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Absolutely. I think the stretch of "When Day Turns Into Night", "Everything I Knew" and "Without You" is absolute quality.

15. SpyKi

The back half of both Busted albums really elevate themselves in terms of quality. Listening to APFE now though and it's just hit after hit. Every song is so good.

16. SpyKi

"Meet You There" is still one of my favourite songs Charlie's ever done and that's saying a lot.

17. SpyKi

this stretch of songs is the best. "Meet You There" > "Why" > "Loner in Love" in particular is incredible. My three favourite Busted songs back to back.

18. SpyKi

[​IMG]

Starting with "Coming Home".

19. SpyKi May 11, 2016
    (Last edited: May 11, 2016)
    SpyKi

[​IMG]

Setlist.

Coming Home
    Air Hostess
    Falling for You
    Everything I Knew
    You Said No
    That Thing You Do
    Dawsons Geek
    Who's David
    Easy (new song)
    Meet You There
    One of a Kind (new)
    Thunderbirds (ugh)
    Sleeping With the Light On
    Why
    Crashed the Wedding
    What I Go to School For
    3am
    Year 3000

20. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Impatiently waiting for videos to creep up.

21. SpyKi

Heard a couple of clips of the two new songs and neither sound very good. Starting to have serious doubts about the album.

22. SpyKi

Feel like they might not play "What I Go to School For" which is mental, haha.

23. Hallowsandhoots

Looks that way, such a strange song to drop.

24. SpyKi

nevermind, ha.

25. Hallowsandhoots

Playing it now.