Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. Aaron

Trouble trouble trouble.

I've listened a couple of times and it's growing on me too. I wasn't impressed at all first time, but I'm kinda into it now (some dreadful lyrics in there though).

Busted were huge for me first time around - I've got a great memory of seeing them live (supported by a new band called McFly) around my 18th birthday (I ate an awesome pizza before the show and wore an Eddie Guerrero t-shirt), so I'm really kinda excited to be seeing them again almost 12 years later. And now I feel old.

I hope they manage to get a few McBusted songs in the setlist though...or even better, some Son of Dork. I don't want What Happened To Your Band to just go to waste - it's way too good.

Peachfuzz and Schooner like this.
  2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

"Coming Home" has totally grown on me now. I really like it. I take back what I said about Charlie's music going downhill lol. Even though I don't like the latest Fightstar album that much as a whole, I really love "Dive". That song is amazing.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Dive" is one of my favourites. I think every song on BTDB is way better than "Coming Home" though but it has grown on me. I think I'll appreciate the song a lot more if it's the only song like it on the album.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Was looking to listen to the new song on spotify but it's still not up so I had a look at the artist playlists they have up for the guys. Surprised at how perfect Matt's is. James' is just Michael Jackson best of...

SpyKi likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Actually no, it's just Bad 25th Anniversary. So lazy.

Schooner likes this.
  6. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Charlie's playlist is exceptional too - I probably gravitated towards that one the most.

7. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Yep, Charlie's one is incredible too! Some great acoustic tastes.

8. Schooner

Trusted

I don't have Spotify. Any screenshots of it?

9. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Anybody listened to Little Hands yet? It opens with "Emily", and I skip that song every time because it's my ex's name hahaha

Peachfuzz likes this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

You're missing out, I love this version. I like the album a lot. I'm not familiar with any of Charlie's stuff outside of the two full lengths, so the older songs and covers are new to me, and I really like the different versions of his songs from the previous full length.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Listening now and falling head over heels for "Emily" all over again. Charlie's vocal is immaculate.

12. SpyKi

"Little Hands" is good but I don't really need anything else from this.

13. Schooner

Trusted

Hahah. Fair enough reason!!

I was pumped for Little Hands but then I saw I already had 80% of the songs.

I think I only don't know
    - walking with San
    - day Texas.

Will get them now. Quite excited to hear them

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm listening to the album A Present for Everyone and holy shit I can't believe I slept on this band for so long. This is totally up my alley.

That being said, I do not like this new song.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

My favourite album of all time. I'd definitely recommend their debut self-titled album too. Not quite as good but still fantastic in its own right.

16. SpyKi

yo I know we have our differences but I love you for this.

FTank likes this.
  17. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

A Present for Everyone is genuinely a near perfect album for me.

18. SpyKi

The stretch from "Meet You There" to "Nerdy" is one of my favourites.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually was going to listen to that one first but it's not on Apple Music. I'll have to get my hands on it somehow.

20. SpyKi

I like the first album a lot but I was honestly shocked and baffled to see that the majority of Busted fans seem to prefer it when they came back. I mean I know most fans of the band think "What I Go to School For" and "Year 3000" are among their best songs which is pretty much the opposite for me so it shouldn't have surprised me that much but it did.

21. SpyKi

The other day I was listening to "What I Go to School For" though and I still think it's a really well written song despite the subject matter not totally being for me these days, ha.

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What's the consensus on the McBusted album? I just gave it a spin and while it doesn't touch A Present for Everyone, I still thought it was an enjoyable listen.

23. SpyKi

I like it. I think every Busted and McFly album are better though by a good margin. I love "I See Red", "Riding on My Bike" and "What Happened to Your Band" though.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't listened to McFly either, should get around to that

25. SpyKi

McFly are such a special band to me. Haha. I like Busted more but McFly's earlier albums, especially their second and third are really good. I'm actually going to see them play their second and third albums in full in June which I'm super excited for.