Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It could be nostalgia but I think their first album still holds up surprisingly well. "Without You" and "Everything I Knew" in particular are two of my favourites by them.

2. SpyKi

new clip sounds like super generic bland pop punk. I hope the vocals are good enough to elevate it to a decent song and that there's more interesting stuff on the album.

beachdude likes this.
  3. inkwisitive

Regular

Tbh I never listened to Busted for complex chord progressions, the instrumental alone was never going to do much without the lead vocal melodies and lyrics.

I know what you mean though - hopefully that's one of the more straightforward songs on the record

4. inkwisitive

Regular

[​IMG]
    New album Halfway There out February 8th 2019, plus UK arena tour in March.

Tracklist:

1. Nineties
    2. Reunion
    3. What Happened To Your Band
    4. Shipwrecked in Atlantis
    5. Race To Mars
    6. All My Friends
    7. MIA
    8. Radio
    9. Nostalgia
    10. It Happens

Shorter tracklist than I expected given the studio updates and the fact they went in with around 20 songs. Hopeful for B-sides/bonus. Also there's another version of What happened To Your Band >:-(

Track length of Nineties is on iTunes - suggests it won't be long until the single drops

5. SpyKi

Yeah it's disappointing that there's only 10 songs and one of them is a song we already have.

They finished shooting the video yesterday so I'm guessing it'll be out next week. I always think it's strange to announce a new album without any music.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This better be a pop punk album, they are such a unique pop punk band but such a bland pop band

7. SpyKi

It's going to be. I'm worried they're going to be a boring, bland pop punk band. They've always been more of a pop band than a pop punk band which is why I like them more than most pop punk bands.

beachdude likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

Yeah that is true, what I mean is I want them to be the POP ass pop punk band rather than a generic pop band, if that makes sense

inkwisitive and SpyKi like this.
  9. SpyKi

I get you.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. inkwisitive

Regular

Press release quote:

A rush of melody and effervescent riffs that see the band blend huge arena-filling choruses with the classic pop-punk sound of Blink 182 and New Found Glory. Lyrically it’s often reflective and nostalgic ('Reunion', 'All My Friends' and a mini Busted autobiography in the shape of 'It Happens'), but there are some fantastical flights of fancy too in the shape of 'Shipwrecked In Atlantis' and a tribute to Elon Musk in 'Race To Mars'

11. SpyKi

I'm just so unexcited about them sounding like blink or NFG. :/

12. Yeah, who needs this kind of pop punk in 2018? It's been done to death.

beachdude likes this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I mean they always said “like Blink” or whatever but they always sounded very unique. I wouldn’t worry about that part. That’s just whatever James is listening to at the moment lol