Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

2. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

This could be a new song for Album 4? From James' and Eric Bazilian's Tweet:

3. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

That actually sounds so good. Unfortunately I reckon they scrapped that in the making of Night Driver. Who knows though, they might revisit it this time around.

emeryk3 likes this.
  4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Ready for new music.

6. emeryk3 Sep 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2017)
    emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Looks like they played a rough new demo yesterday called 'Nineties'. Haven't found a clup yet though.

There is also a clip of 'The Wrong Somebody' from the 'Eric Bazillian sessions' [for Night Driver?]

7. SpyKi

Apparently Matt said other people will have to wait about 6 months to hear it so I'm guessing they're aiming for a single/album release in March?

I think they'll play a new song at the RAH show too which I'm very excited about.

emeryk3 likes this.
  8. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Seeing people with their DVD’s is making me envious. Mine probably won’t get here for another week or two. Stupid shipping!

SpyKi likes this.
  9. inkwisitive

Regular

Finally some concrete news: They've got about 20 songs written, about to go into preproduction then recording with Gil Norton. Apparently closer to their original sound, which I don't know whether to be happy about - as long as they're all on board with the direction like they were with Night Driver!

I couldn't be happier with the producer choice - Gil Norton did my favourite album of all time (Our Earthly Pleasures by Maximo Park), and I think he did the Son of Dork album too? Worse news is that the album isn't slated for release until Q1 2019, but I can just about wait...

10. SpyKi

Fuck a 2019 release date.

11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I still haven't listened to this because they refuse to put it on Spotify.

12. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Very excited for new material, always had a soft spot for these guys.

13. inkwisitive

Regular

The drummer from the Pigs Can Fly tour has been vlogging about recording the new Busted album, and he let slip some song titles in his last video (it's blurred over now but the damage is done.

It looks like they're recording another version of What Happened To Your Band - tbh I'd rather that was released as a B-side or something, rather than being on the album proper. Other visible (working/real) song titles are Nineties, All My Friends, All The Bass, No Man's Land, Radio, Reunion (All My Friends has been talked up by James on Twitter as having big single potential).

14. SpyKi

Yeah I really hope What Happened to Your Band isn't on the album. They've been talking about how many great songs they have so why would you redo that? The McBusted version is good enough.

I just want to hear a song so I know what direction they're going. They've said it's more like their earlier stuff and I really hope that just means guitar based and not silly/jokey.

15. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Cobus's videos from the studio are quite cool!

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Is this a new song clip? If so... they’re pivoting quite hard from Night Driver, huh? I actually really liked that album and was hoping they’d continue evolving that sound... but I’m open to this too.

17. JM95

Trusted

Didn't they make a big thing about not wanting to come back a slightly heavier version of them before?

beachdude likes this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

I feel like I'll enjoy whatever they put out. I really hope that the use of the logo on the first album background doesn't imply a first album anniversary show because their debut is rough.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  19. SpyKi

I'm cautiously excited. Not loving how much James keeps mentioning going back to the old Busted sound. If that means jokey songs I'll be pretty disappointed. If it just means guitar based then I'm all for it as long as it's still a more mature Busted.

I have pretty absolute faith in Charlie at this point though so I'm sure I'll at least love his vocals and melodies no matter what kind of album it is.

20. I'm a fan of teen pop and will defend that genre to death but their first album wasn't good, I'm not really optimistic but we'll see.

21. Wouldn't be mad if this is closer to Matt's solo album.

22. inkwisitive

Regular

Matt’s solo album had one song that went all RATM-riffage

23. beachdude

Wait really lmao... someone link this please

24. inkwisitive

Regular

beachdude likes this.
  25. beachdude