Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't even know what's in the charts these days, ha.

2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Schooner

Trusted

Is it all Christmas albums in front? Cause that's the iTunes Charts now. Bloody Xmas compilations that aren't even but artists like just huge 40 song ones

5. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

They could have hyped Coming Home as their comeback single instead of a random early lyrical video release only on YouTube. Plus promoting On What You're On as a single 2 months after release just felt off. They're hurt from any big potential singles. New York, Thinking of You or Easy would be the next choice imo.. but I can't see them faring much better commercially.

It also says a lot when 'Meet You There' re-release is potentially the biggest release hype factor around a reformed Busted. Nevermind how McBusted charted higher (#9) and the guys always seemed to regret that album.

6. ItsJoe

Joe

Coming Home falls flat to me, it doesn't have the staying power that say, Easy or One Of A Kind have, for me personally.

I didn't realise that McBusted felt that way, but truth be told I think it was quite a cringe worthy album, besides Gone.
    One thing that I can't always separate in my mind is when musicians write a song where it feel they have phoned emotions that they don't necessarily feel. Say for example, Riding On My Bike off the McBusted record, that song to me, is cringe worthy as hell! I don't understand how them as musicians would feel comfortable performing such material, when clearly I can't imagine them having invested their own experiences into the lyrics at their age. Maybe I am just a bit stubborn, but does anyone else understand where I am coming from?

7. Schooner

Trusted

Especially when yo hear of bands writing 40 songs for albums. How much song 40th sound that got cut?

8. SpyKi

Nah mate. Riding on My Bike is one of the best songs on there. Way better than Gone imo. Super fun song. That song felt like Future Boy is it was good. Vintage James.

My main problem with that album was it was so scattered and lacked any real sense of identity or cohesion. ROMB, I See Red and What Happened to Your Band all felt like songs id have been happy to have on a new album from Matt/James if they started something together without Charlie.

9. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Yeah, I'm not saying 'Coming Home' would be a brilliant single but it had the, "oh my god, first Busted song in 12 years!" hype that drained out with such an early release. In regards to chart performance, 'On What You're On' is probably the best track on the album that would fare commercially.

The entire McBusted supergroup concept was slightly cringeworthy if you look at it at face value (2 bassists and 3 guitarists for these simple songs?). But it was always meant to simply be a fun album.'Riding on My Bike' was still definitely one of the most cringeworthy songs. Although I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with making up your own fantasies; It's not like Busted really went to the 'Year 3000', lol. Plus the album does contain personal songs, ie What Happened to Your Band (obviously referencing Busted's break-up). James is always the forefront of many songs but I do hope Charlie grabs the reigns a bit more on the next album (lyrically).

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

If they had released "On What You're On" first, maybe this album would've charted higher. It was such a poor choice to release "Coming Home" first, probably killed a lot of people's enthusiasm for a new Busted record

Schooner likes this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

man the title track is so funky

SpyKi likes this.
  12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

could've been on the 1975 record

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sorry to liveblog this but "on what you're on" also rules

... i don't particularly understand the negativity in this thread

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

really about this entire album except for "new york" (something about that chorus is... a little too obvious for me). i don't particularly have any investment in the previous busted albums (they're fun) and i just looove this sound, they nailed it

beachdude42, FTank and SpyKi like this.
  15. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I think "I Will Break Your Heart" is my new favourite on here.

16. SpyKi

They just played their first show of the Night Driver tour. A bit short but I'm very excited to see Nerdy on the setlist. Also kind of disappointed we're not getting One of a Kind and Easy again and I'm very surprised they're not playing What I Go to School For although I'm not really bothered by it.

17. BlackJak094

I have the fury of my own momentum.

I'm really happy that they're playing so many songs from the new album, though I wish One of a Kind and Meet You There were still on the setlist. Last time I saw this band live was August 2004. I still find it strange that I'm getting another chance in two weeks.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Loving this. I hope the tour makes it out to Australia eventually.

19. SpyKi

I'm trying not to watch any live videos before I see them. Just over a week to go!!

WhosBroden? likes this.
  20. SpyKi

[​IMG]

JRGComedy, hienz4 and WhosBroden? like this.
  21. SpyKi

Off to see them tonight. Very excited to see some of these new songs live. Also NERDY!

WhosBroden? and emeryk3 like this.
  22. SpyKi

They were wonderful. The new songs were fantastic live and Charlie did the little "mm-mm" bit at the end of Nerdy which made me smile way more than it should have, haha. I love that this band exists again. I wish we could just clone Charlie and have more than one of him.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  23. WhosBroden? May 14, 2017
    (Last edited: May 14, 2017)
    WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

They're covering Crowded House right now on Radio 2 and it's fucking incredible. Charlie is just on point whenever he sings.

They're playing two US shows next month and they're also doing a writing trip in LA for album four.

SpyKi likes this.
  24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So we can have Fightstar back full time as well haha.

25. SpyKi

Exactly, and solo Charlie. Just more Charlie for everyone.