Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. Kizwiz

Regular

The last Fightstar album was amazing! It was exactly what most of the fans wanted: something heavy. They made music they wanted without the label forcing them for radio friendly tracks... he's saved that for Busted, lol.

Schooner likes this.
  2. Paul Beaumont

Hahah yeah I got to that line and turned it off. I was skipping through at that point already too. I'm not surprised but that is one of the worst tracks I've took the time to listen to this year.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

listening now, i like the first half a lot. lyrics are crazy bad.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

enjoyed that.

5. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

It's...interesting. There's a lotta cool stuff going on at least. I don't hate it. But I don't know how I'd feel if it made an album, which I don't feel like it's going to. But we'll see.

6. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Just reacquainting myself with the thread...

New song is awesome, but the lyrics need work.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still think the last Fightstar album is incredible but this year Charlie's definitely hurting his perfect record for me. I hadn't disliked a single song he'd done until this and Once Upon a Deadman.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i've had the synth line stuck in my head for the last hour.

9. SpyKi

At least I'm liking it more on repeated listens which I didn't think would happen. I'd be fine if this was the weakest song on the album. I really hope their other songs have a bit more energy and personality though.

10. SpyKi

Busted didn't have a label when they made the new album.

11. Kizwiz

Regular

Nah, I know. They decided to make the songs first before approaching any labels. It was just a joke, haha :p Although, having said that, have they decided on a label yet?

SpyKi likes this.
  12. SpyKi

I'm pretty sure they've signed a deal but I don't know who with.

13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Really don't like this new song! At a guess after Mcbusted kinda failed on the album with the traditional sound everyone is used to from them they wanted to go a different direction with the new one.

14. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

I'm gutted people aren't enjoying this

15. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Song is so good

16. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Very meh at first listening. Really though I would enjoy it. Need some more listens.

17. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I slept on it, listened to the track first thing this morning and found myself belting out the lyrics, just generally sounding foolish humming that synth line (thank goodness for having the apartment to myself) and overall feeling quite positive.

I still have an issue with the repetitive nature of the chorus but it's something that I'm willing to overlook as long as they don't cut corners and make this a recurring theme on the new record. I want enormous melodic choruses and I'm going to be utterly gutted if I don't get at least half a dozen. The effects on some of the vocals isn't needed either - I don't think it necessarily detracts from the song in any meaningful way but please, just let them sing.

By the time that bridge rolls around I'm fully on board. If this was a coal train, I'm single-handedly fucking all hands on deck shoveling coal in myself to make this thing go faster type of on board. Which is weird because once again it's just one line repeated over and over, but it works so well when you finally hear a semblance of urgency and when you belatedly have all three of the members harmonizing together.

I don't really know what else I can add. As much as I'm now enjoying this, lift the tempo and add in some redeeming choruses and this still has the potential to be everything that I've wanted it to be.

Kizwiz likes this.
  18. Peachfuzz

Third listen. Growing on me. The bridge is really good.

19. Peachfuzz

Checking Once Upon a Dead Man, liking the EP so far.
    Just saw that Charlie was releasing a b-sides album this week. Great news!
    Edit: Walking With the San is very good. Gonna be a Charlie Simpson week here.

InfiniteArms likes this.
  20. SpyKi

I think the bridge is probably my least favourite part. Just don't like the melody for that at all. I think I'm pretty into the music at this point though. I'm still hopeful for the album and excited to hear the other new songs they're playing live.

21. Schooner

Trusted

Just had first listen after work to it now

Pretty pretty disappointed.
    It really didn't seem like a Busted first song back tune.

I'm gonna give it a few more listens in the next few hours as it seems to be growing on a few of you

But yeah songs like a Charlie solo bside

22. SpyKi

Doesn't really sound anything like a solo Charlie track.

23. JM95

Trusted

Exactly. Charlie's solo stuff actually sounds good.

24. mattsayward

This new song is like if Time To Pretend was bad and also not good.

25. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

It's close to Charlie's new band with his brothers, but nothing like his solo music.