Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

I listened to the first two songs they released because I was interested to see what Charlie would do with them. Thought both songs were shit so I haven't bothered listening to this.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Check it out, it's great.

3. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Wow.. Jason.

Unnecessary.

4. SpyKi

I can't tell if Jason likes this album or not.

5. SpyKi

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I disagree with you but I'm gonna start using this when I really hate something. Savage lol.

7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

The album's getting pretty good reviews and it's definitely far from 'worst album of the year' lol.

8. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

LMAO in the ten years of knowing jason I don't think I've ever seen him shit on anything I've loved more than this. And here I was thinking he really hated cute is what we aim for.

Schooner and SpyKi like this.
  9. You liked the last like four Simple Plan and NFG albums Joe. ;-p

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Loved*

11. Joe DeAndrea likes this.
  12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So what is a very serious topic for the livelihood of millions, is now a punchline for an album that has zero meaningful affect on you?

Also, it's obvious, if you read what your supporters say, that tons of people like the album. No reason to come in here and post those things.

lightning13, Schooner, FTank and 5 others like this.
  13. Yes, gallows humor is a punchline.

I have a different opinion. Other people can like and praise whatever they want, their doing so doesn't mean I all of a sudden don't have an opinion on music. Like whatever you want, I'll still think this is the musical equivalent of cat litter being thrown at a barn door.

What's obvious is that people think different things about music ... I hope you don't really expect a hive mind.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Comparing an album to an event that threatens the livelihood of many underprivileged people to a bad album? Seems excessive and not very funny especially in these horrific times.

15. "overprivileged people"

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

To be fair, I think this is very different from "gallows humor". I don't know I think comparing a bad piece of art to a racist shitpile getting elected to the most powerful office on the planet seems kind of like a bad comparison and I think people could justifiably argue against that type of humor.

FTank and Snewt like this.
  17. cwhit

18. Still an unreadable post.

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

lol you get what he's trying to say, it's far from "unreadable"

FTank and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  20. cwhit

you know exactly what i said?
    why are you focusing on how it was said rather than the actual content of it. i have a lot of respect for your viewpoints during the whole election and how much of an ally you are generally and this really is out of character for you

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. Oh god people are going to throw tantrums about a joke. You shouldn't come visit the politics thread, I've been way worse in there.

22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you, for justifying my $5/mo savings.

FTank and Brenden like this.
  23. No, I read his posts and they look like a bunch of stick drawings with some squiggly lines. My brain doesn't translate Cwhit.

EngineDown, beachdude42 and sophos34 like this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i don't see anyone throwing tantrums in here but okay.