Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. Joe DeAndrea May 2, 2016
    (Last edited: May 2, 2016)
    Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

It's a crime that My Good Friend was only ever a shitty cassette release

Also, part of me wonders if Riding On My Bike was meant to be a Future Boy song at one point.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Riding on My Bike is so much better than any Future Boy song.

3. SpyKi

So stupidly excited I keep waking up wondering if its out yet. Now I'm really tired. :/

4. SpyKi

10 minutes.

5. Kizwiz

Regular

Posted this earlier to them and they retweeted
    [​IMG]
    Worth the little photoshop job
    bring on 'Coming Home' (new single) in 10 minutes!

SpyKi likes this.
  6. SpyKi

Woah, this is different.

7. SpyKi

Honestly not that into it. There's a lot about it that just doesn't fit my taste at all. I'm sad, haha.

8. SpyKi

Here it is.

Schooner likes this.
  9. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

So I think I'm going to absolutely love this song in time, but for now that was a very weird and unexpected first listen.

10. Kizwiz

Regular

I love it. Yeah, it's very different but let's face it... Busted need a reform. They've done well as a nostalgia act but they need new modern music - music that Charlie will actually enjoy. This is great.

11. Kizwiz

Regular

Plus it's a free song. So props on them. It sounds pretty big and anthemic, imo. Just very different from their original pop-rock "boyband" output - which I do love, but this maintains credibility.

12. SpyKi

I'm fine with them doing something different, they just kind of picked the worst direction they could for me. I really don't like these kind of slow anthemic songs and I'm really not into the effects on the vocals or the repeating synth line. Honestly I hope it grows on me in time but I can see me liking it even less on repeated listens. I really hope there's more to like on the album for me.

13. SpyKi

I think I like "Air Guitar" more than this, haha.

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  14. RyanNevill

Graphic Designer

its kinda boring, and generic sounding. I can see it playing on the radio a lot though

15. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

One complaint I have is that Busted can write much better choruses and it's just disappointing that they've resorted to repeatedly singing the same line over and over. Sure it's catchy but that's one of the band's biggest strengths and they haven't capitalized as I would've hoped in that aspect.

In saying that, like I said, I think I'm going to grow to love this track. I just hope it's not an underlying representation of how this new record is going to sound as a whole.

16. SpyKi

It does sound a lot like the generic stuff on the radio I wouldn't give a second listen to. So disappointed.

17. SpyKi

This is another thing I really hate in music and I'm gutted to see them do. I don't even like the line or the melody so the fact that they just repeat it is even worse.

18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

My brother said it's Once Upon A Dead Man with Matt and James. I couldn't really refute that.

Schooner likes this.
  19. JM95

Trusted

Well I was half hoping that with Fightstar gone for I imagine at least a couple of years that maybe new Busted might be half decent.

Wowsers that is dull. Barely anything worse than 'simple' guitar bands deciding to slow everything down and become all synthy.

SpyKi likes this.
  20. SpyKi

Pretty much, I think Charlie's parts on that EP are way better than anything on here though. His verses in "The Canopy" or his one on "Arrogant Love" are fantastic but I don't even like Charlie's part on here. I think his stuff is actually my least favourite because of how his voice sounds.

I'd also rather hear Thunderbirds at the tour than this, haha. I hate to be so negative, I'm going back to bed.

21. Kizwiz

Regular

Yeah, it's pretty much a "marmite" song (love it or hate it). It is very different. Personally I think the chorus and the break ("I wanna be in your loving arms") work well, despite the repeats. Just feels like a big stadium song and they do sell out arenas tbf.

I like the simplicity of the guitars and synth. The lyrics on the verses are the weakest bits imo...

Schooner likes this.
  22. Kizwiz

Regular

When does it get posted on the News? When Jason's up?

23. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

It's not that bad, actually, but it definitely lacks catchiness, and has no lasting value, for me.

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's fair to say that Charlie's music is going downhill. The last Fightstar album was their weakest effort yet, Once Upon A Dead Man was average and the new Busted song is really dull. Makes me worry about his next solo album (if he releases one).

25. George

Trusted Prestigious

Not that I'm a Busted fan at all, but that just doesn't sound like them, pretty odd choice for a single.

"I went past the Taj Mahal, it's so fucking beautiful" is an atrocious lyric.