Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Night Driver (November 25, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, May 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2016)
    SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

1. Coming Home
    2. Night Driver
    3. On What You’re On
    4. New York
    5. Thinking of You
    6. Without It
    7. One of a Kind
    8. I Will Break Your Heart
    9. Kids with Computers
    10. Easy
    11. Out of Our Mind
    12. Those Days Are Gone

beachdude42, Schooner and WhosBroden? like this.
  2. WhosBroden? May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: May 1, 2016)
    WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Easily my most anticipated record of the year.

Busted were first band that I ever discovered for myself, the band that inspired me to pick up a guitar and to write my own songs in an effort to be and emulate them, the band that I never thought would reform and now suddenly here we are potentially a few days out from hearing a new single. It's still crazy and surreal to me that this is happening.

I said this in the Blink thread the other day but I remember being in year five or six at school and watching the videos for "Crashed The Wedding", "Who's David" and "Air Hostess" in class. I'd heard "What I Go To School For" and random tracks off of their debut beforehand but on this particular day, these songs just hit me, resonated with me, immersed me in a way that music had never been able to do before that point, and to this day those songs, especially those on A Present For Everyone, have never let go.

My parents didn't care for music. There was never a record collection of theirs that I could dive into so this obsession with the band had them a bit miffed. Money was usually pretty tight growing up so I can vividly recall once a week my parents would give me a little money to buy lunch from the canteen at school. Unbeknownst to them I was instead opting to go without - I wouldn't eat at school just so I could secretly save the money to buy their two records and any magazines they happened to be featured in. I definitely look back on that period of time with a certain fondness... and delayed starvation!

I absolutely cannot wait to hear what Busted are going to sound like in 2016. Completely ready and amped for new music. Fingers crossed that May 3rd is indeed the date!

beachdude42, SpyKi and Schooner like this.
  3. Schooner

Trusted

Inspirational words Broden!!
    Glad you shared that

4. SpyKi

I# #O##N# H### 03/05/16

Charlie tweeted this earlier. Guessing it's the title of the song? Wonder what it could be. Any guesses?

5. SpyKi

Seen a few people guessing "I'm Coming Home" which it probably is, haha. HYYYPE

6. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah couldn't be anything other than that

7. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Cheers, man! Probably went a bit over the top but I adore everything about this band and I certainly wouldn't be as heavily into music as I am without their influence early on. Thanks for the kind words!

I can definitely envision this being the case. It ties in with Charlie "coming home" to Busted and back to where it all began. It also continues that whole "Meet You There" narrative too which is neat.

8. SpyKi

They were my first real favourite band too. They made me actively care about music as opposed to just enjoying it. "A Present for Everyone" has aged so well for me it's ridiculous and it's definitely either my most played album ever or my second most played. The only other one that might beat it is my favourite album. It's ridiculous how much I listened to that album when it came out though.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  9. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I can't believe I don't know what your favourite album is. One of the MCR records?

I'm definitely in agreement with your thoughts on A Present For Everyone and how it's aged spectacularly well. The production on that record is seriously top notch, the songs themselves are all lyrically witty and so well written too. I guess in some way that's why I was never too devastated when they broke up back in '05 (and the fact that we had Fightstar tracks unveiled so soon after the split helped ease a lot of that raw emotion too). Just the fact and acknowledgement that Busted ended on the soaring high that was A Present For Everyone always seemed so fitting.

inkwisitive likes this.
  10. SpyKi

Yeah, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, it actually took over from APFE in like 2005, haha.

I thought that album was perfect and I was still devasted. I think it caused me to ignore Fightstar for a long time despite thinking "Paint Your Target" was a perfect song. I was just a bitter little 14 year old who lost his favourite band, haha. Then year's down the line I got into Fightstar and realised it was all worth it and now I get both and life is just too good.

We will hear a new Busted song tomorrow!!

11. SpyKi

Still think "Paint Your Target" is a perfect song but now it baffles me that I didn't immediately think "Palahniuks Laughter" was one of the greatest things I'd ever heard.

12. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

My most anticipated too. I think I made my dad buy the What I Go To School For single for me after I saw the video on MTV and that might've been right before they broke up. Then Fightstar blew my mind because I never heard anything like it before. Adored Son of Dork, loved Matt's solo album. Everything the members have done since have just been remarkable in their own right. Still can't believe this is even happening.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  13. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

I wonder if the album is going to be called Coming Home as well.

14. SpyKi

If we still needed any confirmation, James and Matt just said it's a new song tomorrow.

15. SpyKi

I'm listening to Busted stuff at the moment and I swear I have so much nostalgia attached to these songs that I feel like I'm going to get so emotional when I see them I'll probably end up crying when they first come on, haha.

16. SpyKi

10AM tomorrow!!! Might just go to bed early.

17. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

My feelings are similar to WhosBroden?'s but I'm not a good enough at expressing myself to match that paragraph.

Busted were a huge band for me growing up and I still love their music now. This whole reunion is absolutely surreal for me. Truly believe anything can happen after this.

18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

The new song debuts at 7pm tonight here, so today is the day!

I have this tradition nowadays where each time Charlie releases an album with one of his projects, I go through his entire discography in the lead-up to hype myself that little bit more. I can't wait to do that again with the Busted album cycle and to include the Son Of Dork, Matt Willis and McBusted records. Let's all forget about the abomination that was Future Boy though because that whole project was abysmal.

I used to have a mix of all Busted's covers and b-sides they'd ever recorded but I must've lost it over time. Tracks like, "Last Summer", "Mummy Trade", "Let It Go" and my personal favourite, "Late Night Sauna" to name a few. Disappointed that I couldn't find it because it would've been nice to revisit them before the new song drops.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. SpyKi

I only checked out those B-Sides recently and wasn't really into any of them. I was really surprised I'd never heard any of them though. I think I'm going to go through all of the singles tonight before bed to get hyped for the new one.

20. Schooner

Trusted

I love Late Night Sauna so much. I play it as much as any album track. It's so cheesy but it makes me so happy. So bouncey

WhosBroden? likes this.
  21. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Dude, isn't it fantastic? The song is like a two and a half minute chorus it's that addictive and energetic. It just never subsides and keeps rollicking along at such a lively pace. Not that I'll be able to experience it, but I hope they play it on their UK tour. One of my favourite tracks of theirs.

Schooner likes this.
  22. SpyKi

I'll be so disappointed if they play any b-sides, haha. I've seen a lot of people asking for Mummy Trade but I'll be gutted if they play one of those over something like "Loner in Love" or "Nerdy". I'm really hoping they don't play Thunderbirds although I think they probably will. I've been trying to work it out and I know they'll play most if not all the singles and they said they're doing 1 cover and probably 1-2 new songs. Plus they've said they're playing "Dawson's Geek" and Charlie's pretty much said he's playing "Why" and obviously they're going to do "Meet You There" so I'm not sure how many more we'll get and there's so many I want.

Schooner likes this.
  23. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Totally understand. I should've clarified that I wouldn't want them playing it every night as a mainstay of their setlist but I'd love to see it performed at least once or twice on the tour. I think "Thunderbirds" is a lock unfortunately due to it being a hugely successful number one hit. Charlie joked on social media that he's going to try to get the wall of death happening during it, haha.

I love the singles but I'm much more excited about watching live videos of the album tracks we haven't heard in forever. For instance, I hope Charlie's given the opportunity to belt out a passionate rendition of "Without You" because that's something I've always wanted to see. "When Day Turns Into Night", "Everything I Knew", "Falling For You", "Can't Break Thru" - these are the types of tracks I'm really looking forward to hearing.

24. SpyKi

That's what I figure. Where did he say that do you remember? I've been looking for as many clues as I can, ha.

Exactly, I'd love all of those to be played but looking at how much they're already playing I doubt I'll get all of them. Charlie mentioned a new version of "Falling for You" in one of their Twitter Q&A's though so I'm hoping we'll get that one. I think Charlie's doing "Why" so I can't see him doing "Without You" as well unless he switches it night by night but they're already learning like 20 songs they haven't played in 12 years in just over a week so..

25. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah as a 13
    yeah as a 15yr old I liked the funny singles but going back over the last decade the last songs you wrote are my faves now
    Without you and Why are soooo good