Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

He said on Twitter it's not like Busted or Future Boy but if he had to pick a song it was closest to it would be It Happens which is a good sign imo.

inkwisitive and The Lucky Moose like this.
  2. inkwisitive

Regular

It's also produced by John Fields, who produced Night Driver. Looking at the clips from the Sundance ASCAP showcase, he's going in more acoustic direction.

I know it's ages ago, but I honestly think Can't Break Thru could be a touchstone for the sound - that genuinely sounded like an early stab at adult-contemporary. James has done other stuff since, but Welcome To Loserville and Futureboy aimed for a specific sound (pop-punk and electronica respectively).

3. SpyKi

Can't Break Thru has always been one of my favourite Busted songs, I hope his new stuff is more in that vein. Where did you see the clips?

4. inkwisitive Feb 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2020)
    inkwisitive

Regular

They were on ASCAP's instagram story a few weeks back, hopefully it's still up as a saved story (amongst a bunch of other artists)

Edit: it doesn't look like it is anymore (they were very short clips)

5. inkwisitive

Regular

James just put the tracklist up on Twitter, if it's of any interest (no confirmed single release date, but some time in June apparently):

1. Everyone Is My Friend
    2. Drive
    3. Unknown
    4. These Streets Know Me Well
    5. Language
    6. Tokyo Nights
    7. The Beatles
    8. Batman's House
    9. Time Kills Us All
    10. Somebody Else's Problem
    11. Safe Journey Home

SpyKi likes this.
  6. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

This james album is the absolute shittiest thing I've ever heard

SpyKi likes this.
  7. SpyKi

haha, it's pretty bad.

8. atlas

Trusted

I don’t care what he or anybody else says, no one can convince me Charlie went back to Busted for any reason other than the money. He’s the most talented member by so much you can’t even quantify it really

I miss Fightstar

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Bring back Fightstar!

10. SpyKi

Got a Charlie solo album coming first!

I wish we could clone the guy and have him work on all his projects at once.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I knew as soon as I heard the train wreck that is “Everyone Is My Friend” that the James solo record was going to be woeful. I still wasn’t prepared for how bad that album is.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. inkwisitive

Regular

There’s a couple of charming songs on there for me, like Drive and Language (which sounds a bit Futureboy-era but with organic instrumentation).

But I can’t ignore the clunkers, especially some terrible lyrics. Looking at The Beatles, Unknown, Batman’s House....I doubt I’ll ever listen to this as a full album again.

13. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Haven’t listened to the James album yet but I was actually listening to Half Way There earlier today and that album really holds up for me so far

14. 150Wrds

Never understood Busted and McFly, and this is coming from a Brit which is their perfect demographic, always felt like rubbish Blink rip-offs. Charlie needs to head back to Fightstar, he must have made the money, now let's do the true love!

JamesMichael likes this.
  15. SpyKi

I'll take Busted and McFly over blink any day. They were the perfect pop bands for my teen years and really got me into music more seriously.

Breaking Good and 150Wrds like this.
  16. 150Wrds

I get that, they were the same for a lot of my friends, so didn't mean to come off badly! I'll always defend the bands that got me further into a genre, so fair play. I just want more Fightstar haha...

SpyKi likes this.
  17. SpyKi

It'll happen at some point when the time is right but yeah I feel you.

Should hopefully have new solo Charlie and Gunship next year though so maybe after that if we're lucky?

150Wrds likes this.
  18. 150Wrds

I see You is beautiful, as is all of his solo records, so if it is just that for the time being, all good! Love a few Gunship songs, I need to delve into their catalogue more throughly though.

Fingers crossed for Fightstar at some point though!

SpyKi likes this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Busted is kind of a guilty pleasure band for me, I enjoy a good amount of their old songs and even Night Driver is an album I come back to sometimes and enjoy. All of that said, I still agree with this. I understand it from a financial perspective... it’s still crazy to me as an American just HOW big Busted was in the UK when most people don’t know them over here. But damn, I very much hope Fightstar ends up coming back. Charlie’s so good at making post-hardcore music.

SpyKi and JamesMichael like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

McFly really is something different

21. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Just re-listening to Night Driver and oh my god there are some really well written songs here. No idea why it didn't get more attention at the time. Kids With Computers and Without It are absolute bangers

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that album is actually underrated haha! Same, I'm surprised with it being their comeback album that it didn't get bigger.

23. SpyKi

Love Night Driver so much.

Phantoms and beachdude like this.
  24. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Without It, I Will Break Your Heart, and Easy all mess me up pretty good haha

Phantoms and beachdude like this.
  25. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

we back babies

Phantoms likes this.