Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Hahaha I feel so bad that they got number 2, never seen a band push for 1 so hard. Also who the fuck are The Specials

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Idk, lol. Its so funny. Real bad luck.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

The Specials are an English 2 tone band

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

also supposedly only 1060 sales between them

5. JM95

Trusted

Popular 80s, political, ska band.

6. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

This has been a pretty huge turnaround for them after Night Driver failed to sell as well as the band had hoped. Number two on the charts is an enormous effort, and both a testament to the band for making a special record, and the fans for going out and financially supporting them.

inkwisitive and The Lucky Moose like this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I fucking love this album. So does my girlfriend, although she called it "Old Guy Pop Punk" :crylaugh: I feel like Mars and Atlantis feel slightly out of place on this album, although I do still like them. It would have probably been less glaring if one weren't right after the other. As far as the McBusted song goes, I don't care because I listened to McBusted maybe once, and I would guess it is probably on here because they always wanted it to be a Busted song.

zigbigwig and Letterbomb31 like this.
  8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This is the most I have ever enjoyed a Busted album.

9. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Shipwrecked in Atlantis music video just dropped:

10. SpyKi

That song has grown on me a lot.

emeryk3 likes this.
  11. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Best song on the album, glad they made a video

emeryk3 likes this.
  12. Lenin

Regular

I really hope they just keep pumping out albums in this style every few years. They need to stay away from the experimentation of Night Driver, sadly it just didn't really work for them.

Half Way There is one of the best albums of the year imo

13. Lenin

Regular

I'd take Nostalgia or MIA over either of those songs

thesollopsist likes this.
  14. SpyKi

Those are two of the weakest on here imo and way off the two I mentioned for me. I'm happy to report that "It Happens" has ended up being one of my fav Busted songs though so this album does have a stand out track for me.

Night Driver's still a better album as a whole though and I hope they don't just stick to this sound from now on. That would be such a waste of their talent.

15. Lenin

Regular

That's crazy to me that you would consider those two songs to be the weakest on here.

I'd take this album over Night Driver easilyyyy. Night Driver sounds like they're trying to be The 1975/do that 80s revival sound, and sadly it just doesn't quite come together like it should imo. Whereas with this album they're absolutely playing to their strengths.

16. SpyKi

they're not the weakest, that's Race to Mars, they're in the bottom half for me though.

They were absolutely going for an 80's sound although I don't think much of it sounded like The 1975. I think they did it brilliantly though and would much rather them try new things than try and recapture what made them good ages ago. I think even on this album the best moments are where they're being a more mature version of a pop rock band (It Happens, Radio, What Happened to Your Band) and not trying too hard to be like old Busted.

I'm sure I'll dig whatever they do next but if it's too close to HWT, especially in terms of the themes/lyrics, I'll be disappointed.

17. Lenin

Regular

Haha, I'm hoping for the opposite, I'll be happy if they just do Half Way There: Part 2

18. SpyKi

:puke:

honestly I'm hoping for a Fightstar album next, ha.

solxace, JamesMichael and Lenin like this.
  19. Lenin

Regular

Hell yeah, I agree with you there. It seems like Charlie is pretty happy in Busted for the foreseeable future though...

20. SpyKi

yeah I don't expect one soon but I want it real bad. surely Busted can take a year off at some point, lol.

21. Lenin

Regular

I'd love to see Fightstar go back to being as active as they were from 2006-2009 at some point.

solxace likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I was organizing some of my CDs (I have a lot of CDs) and found this promo for their debut album:

9B1A4E84-51CC-4C61-B006-EBF523EFEE32.jpeg

F5283384-05EE-4110-AA07-6C6FC664F7A3.jpeg

23. SpyKi

Looks like Busted is having some time off since James is putting out a solo album!

I think Gunship are currently working on stuff though so looks more like solo Charlie than Fightstar which is still pretty exciting!

24. The Lucky Moose

Did not know that about James. Is it weird Futureboy stuff again?

25. SpyKi

No it's under his own name, should be out in the summer. Apparently he plans on putting out the second Future Boy album, which he recorded in like 2011, in 20 years or something.