Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Shipwrecked in Atlantis is the most pop-punk Busted have ever sounded and I'm all for that. Matt definitely deserves to carry more choruses. I'm enjoying Race to Mars and It Happens too.

I'm enjoying the pop-punk sound but the album is noticeably too short; at 10 songs, it's the shortest of all Busted albums - especially if you factor What Happened to Your Band is a McBusted clone.

jackyjackyjack likes this.
  2. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

wtf What Happened to Your Band?
    I really thought it would be a part 2 or something

3. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Woah this album was way better than I expected. What happened to your band totally suits the flow of the album and I forgot how much I love the song. Shipwrecked in Atlantis I'm digging already after one listen.

I've definitely missed this kind of simple pop punk

4. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Listening to this on a snow day off work. Loooove the chorus of MIA

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Really fun album. I'd probably call it their second best.

6. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

This is so much better than I initially thought it would be when they announced they were going back to their roots.

7. inkwisitive

Regular

Quick power rankings:

It Happens
    Reunion
    Nostalgia
    Race To Mars
    Nineties
    Radio
    Shipwrecked In Atlantis
    MIA
    What Happened To Your Band
    All My Friends

WhosBroden? likes this.
  8. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Are there bonus tracks or are you just figuring there are? Don't get my hopes up lol

9. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

I'd kill for a Busted version of I See Red. I think I saw it was only written by James and Matt, had to be a "what-if" Busted track before Charlie got on board. Also wish there was an actual good quality version of Wrong Somebody. And I wish the 15 year old me kept better care of my MP3s of Go Home Monday and Dumbstruck lol. Also it's impossible for me to be in a Busted thread and not whine/reminisce about James' older songs

emeryk3, WhosBroden? and SpyKi like this.
  10. tomtom94

Trusted

I prefer the McBusted version of WHTYB but this one is good too.

The main thing that worried me was that this album would suffer from the same problem as that band - the clash in songwriting between maturity and nostalgia - which I think it avoids by shoving the "nostalgic" tracks at the beginning and ending with the "mature" ones. Which includes the track "Nostalgia", confusingly - a song which is honestly kind of hard for me to listen to right now in my emotional state, so I guess it must be working.

I don't think there is anything in here with the urgency of "On What You're On" or the back half of A Present For Everyone, but it's a good album. If nothing else these three remain great songwriters.

beachdude likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I think it's still a really good pop punk album because these guys are great songwriters but I also think it's maybe their weakest album.

I actually think I would like this version of WHTYB more than the McBusted one if you just took Matt's verse from that and stuck it in this one.

12. inkwisitive

Regular

James said there was on Twitter

13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Yep:

The album track listing is reportedly the same though. It's annoying they get a bonus song in the first place. I'd be fine with it if they eventually released the song for everyone on Spotify but 'Beautiful Mess' (one of their better Night Driver songs) still isn't on there. ugh.

14. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I was a little concerned on my first listen, as I am with most albums I’ve been anticipating, but nah this is pretty great. I love every track here, with the weakest still being “All My Friends”.

Now do your tour, take a break and let’s hear some Fightstar or Charlie solo material. Come back creatively refreshed for album five.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yep.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Okay so I'm actually enjoying the hell out of this album. I didn't expect that! Like this more than Night Driver, I think "Nostalgia" is my fav track.

17. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Take it with a pinch of salt (cos of Wikipedia, lol) but Shipwrecked in Atlantis may be the next single:

And they may have filmed a music video for it:

The song is apparently a 'sequel' to Air Hostess so a music video could be fun if true. The song itself givws me blink-182 - The Rock Show vibes too. Love it, myself.

18. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Kewl. Love their new videos so far, one of my fave tracks off the album too.

emeryk3 likes this.
  19. Ed59_

Regular

Hopefully we'll get to hear these at some point.

Still really enjoying the album! Only one I'm a bit meh on is Mars.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

Shipwrecked in Atlantis is a born single, so that makes sense.

One observation I would make about the album: I felt Night Driver was quite Charlie-heavy; this album, by contrast, feels very Matt-heavy.

emeryk3 and beachdude like this.
  21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Shipwrecked in Atlantis kind of reminds me of The Rock Show by blink-182

FTank likes this.
  22. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

lol at what happened to your band not only being the same song but also in the same track placement as the McBusted album

23. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

They're still on course to get their first ever UK Number 1 album. Their first 2 albums both peaked at #2, whilst Night Driver was #13.

Debating buying the record myself but I really have no use for physical media nowadays. May go see them on tour instead.

24. tomtom94

Trusted

That would be really awesome if they could get #1 considering both McBusted and Night Driver underperformed sales-wise.

Fun fact, apparently A Present for Everyone missed out on #1 by 600 copies. (to a Michael Jackson Greatest Hits, for the curious)

The Lucky Moose and emeryk3 like this.
  25. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Seems they've just been overtaken for #1 spot by The Specials.

It's definitely going to be a close battle of just a few hundred copies between top 3 albums.