Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Drip drip

2. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Still mostly anticipating how 'What happened to your band' is going to sound. Would be really weird if it was the exact version of McBusted's one on a new album with only 10 songs on it...

emeryk3 likes this.
  3. beachdude

“What Happened to Your Band” is my favorite track so far... haven’t listened to the original in forever so I’ll have to listen again to compare.

While I’m glad that not every song is just nostalgia-themed, I feel like “Shipwrecked in Atlantis” lyrically is them trying to recapture their more “goofy” earlier songs and it just falls flat for me. Both that and “Race to Mars” are solid musically though.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  4. beachdude

This is alright. I probably prefer Night Driver overall, but I enjoyed most of the songs here.

DannyZach likes this.
  5. beachdude

Sorry triple post but... “What Happened To Your Band” is basically identical to the original lmao. Pretty lazy.

jackyjackyjack likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Listening now. I genuinely love Nineties. Reunion is a pretty fun song musically I just don't really like the lyrics at all, the "ditch this reunion" part bugs me too.

7. SpyKi

Disappointing. Feels really pointless and definitley a waste when there's only 10 tracks here.

I actually think it sounds worse than the McBusted version but that could be partly because I'm used to that one.

beachdude likes this.
  8. SpyKi

I'm guessing that song was mostly just for James, he probably really wanted that to be a Busted song. It's still a great song so I'm not that mad about it, lol.

WhosBroden? and beachdude like this.
  9. SpyKi

Shipwrecked is solid, I'm into it. Cool to get a song that's mostly James and Matt. I feel like Charlie's hardly been on here so far, especially compared to how much he dominated Night Driver.

10. SpyKi

Race to Mars is nice too. I think I'll end up really digging the album although I doubt I'll love it as much as Night Driver.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

“MIA” is fantastic. Charlie killing that chorus.

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Is it all pop-punk ish or are the singles misleading?

13. SpyKi

Nah, it's all that vibe.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

I'll listen to this later. So much nostalgia here hopefully.

15. SpyKi

Radio has grown on me a ton, I love Matt's voice.

16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

“It Happens” is a nice little introspective tune, but it makes me yearn for a stronger chorus. It had the potential to be something pretty special if it had a hook.

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  17. DannyZach

Trusted

I prefer the other Matt singing the other Radio song haha

18. SpyKi

I don't know what this means, lol.

19. inkwisitive

Regular

Any word yet on what the bonus track(s) on the Japanese CD are?

20. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

shipwrecked and MIA are sooooo good. rating 15/10, would listen again

21. SpyKi

Idk but if it's anywhere near as good as Beautiful Mess I'll be happy. This album is good but feels a bit short and kind of one note. It's missing a song like the best on their first two, there's no Without You or Why on here.

22. DannyZach

Trusted

Alkaline Trio’s song Radio.Singer is Matt Skiba.

23. SpyKi

Ah, not a big fan.

24. inkwisitive

Regular

On first listen:

Highlights are Reunion (knew that already), Race To Mars, Nostalgia and It Happens. The prechorus of Race To Mars has a really funky, Night-Driver-ish hook although the overall feeling is more Futureboy.

It Happens is pretty inspirational, could see myself turning it on after a hard day - probably their best closer IMO, or tied with Those Days Are Gone. Instrumental sounds like Jimmy Eat World

I love the guitars and drums on Shipwrecked, but feeling like it’s the worst chorus on the record? What Happened To Your Band has positives (more guitar lines, Charlie’s screaming during the breakdown) and negatives (fewer vocal harmonies) to it compared to the McBusted version - so I’m kinda meh on it.

beachdude likes this.
  25. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Looking forward to listening to this soon.