Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Must be nearly time to do my usual routine of listening to all of their records from throughout their respective careers and projects in the lead-up to the new album.

Except Future Boy. That can still go fuck itself.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. inkwisitive

Regular

Headlights is a decent Futureboy song, it’s the clear standout from the album for me, has a really nice atmosphere. Although the verses are in too low a key for James

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I really like all these songs. They are very good at this, and frankly not a lot of people do it this well anymore, so I don't see why they should be making music that others are doing better.

EDIT: I watched that MTV when it originally aired. It was really funny.

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Creepy tweet from Charlie here

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Kind of a weird response but to be fair the original tweet is kind of pointless as well... I think overanalyzing harmless old songs like that and trying to make them “problematic” doesn’t really serve any real purpose.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I feel like both tweets aren't meant to be taken very seriously.

beachdude likes this.
  7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Tbh, I bet Charlie wouldn't have said anything if it was a fellow Tory saying that tweet.

Nonetheless, this is still the best interaction Charlie's had on Twitter:

beachdude likes this.
  8. SpyKi

I bet The Rock would love Deathcar.

beachdude likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

A while ago (last album cycle) I realised that continental Europe got an extremely cut down version of A Present For Everyone. I'm now listening to the real version on Spotify. I've been robbed.

For reference, this was our version: A Present for Everyone (New Version) - Busted: Amazon.de: Musik We did have the original cover in the Netherlands though, except that the band was called "Bust" for legal reasons.

10. SpyKi

I've seen this before and always felt so bad for the people that missed out on some of their best songs.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I have no idea why they did it. I get the whole "put What I Go To School For on there", but why leave out tracks? Madness. The people in charge so throughly fucked up the "Busted goes international" project, it's wild. As if selling a UK Pop Punk band was difficult at that time.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. jackyjackyjack

Regular

'Why' isn't on there!!

SpyKi and The Lucky Moose like this.
  13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

2 more days until album release. They also did a cover of Tom Perry - Free Fallin' on BBC Radio 2 the other day:

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  14. SpyKi

I saw this bumped and thought it leaked. Disappointed.

beachdude and The Lucky Moose like this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

That was fun. I’m hyped for this album.

inkwisitive and beachdude like this.
  16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Hahaha, my bad. Did suspect it may give that impression. The thread needed some life before album release. Album will likely leak tomorrow anyway - particularly due to timezones (that's how I heard Nineties a day early lol).

17. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

BBC just released this interview with Busted.
    Busted was 'the walking band of clichés'
    Explains the split, their views on the industry back then and now, their approach to this album, etc. Quite a good read.

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I can't help but think Charlie's kidding himself a bit when he says "Busted is now perceived how I always wanted it to be perceived." Most people I know still consider them nothing more than a joke band, that's if they even know they're back together lol

beachdude and The Lucky Moose like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I can’t believe that he is still worried about that anyway

beachdude and Letterbomb31 like this.
  20. inkwisitive

Regular

I think it helps his mindset that they’re interviewed by genuine music publications now instead of Smash Hits and Nickelodeon Also the festival slots

21. beachdude

Honestly I think there’s a fair amount of PR bullshit in these interviews. I’m not denying that they’re happy to be back together, however I think early on especially, when Charlie was asked why he changed his mind about a reunion, “We saw a good business opportunity to take advantage of the nostalgia for our glory days and took it” would probably be a more honest answer than some of the other stuff he said.

I’m not even saying that that’s a bad thing either. I really do believe these guys must be thrilled to have the opportunity to continue this hugely successful band’s story more on their own terms... but I absolutely believe commercial considerations are a huge part of why this is now their main project again, and why they’re now back to more of their old sound after “Night Driver” didn’t take off in a big way. But personally the dancing around it in interviews seems insulting to the fans’ intelligence in a way. Just my two cents.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I couldn’t care less why they’re back together. Just release a great pop record and I’m happy.

SpyKi and beachdude like this.
  23. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

i cant believe this hasn't leaked isn't it like Monday already in the uk?!?!! ughhhhhhhhhh

SpyKi and beachdude like this.
  24. beachdude

It should leak tomorrow morning lol

25. SpyKi

I want to listen to this later today dammit.