Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Busted - Half Way There (February 8, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Oct 26, 2018.

1. SpyKi Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2018)
    SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

1. Nineties
    2. Reunion
    3. What Happened To Your Band
    4. Shipwrecked in Atlantis
    5. Race To Mars
    6. All My Friends
    7. MIA
    8. Radio
    9. Nostalgia
    10. It Happens

2. SpyKi

So far not really digging the direction they're going with this. Also disappointed that there's only 10 songs and one of them is What Happened to Your Band.

beachdude likes this.
  3. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Omg the logo the cover art the what happened to your band this is gonna be the greatest album ever

Although it coulda just been a track listing full of old unreleased son of dork songs and I’d be pumped

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I'm personally not stoked for this at all based on the direction, but I guess I'm not really surprised. I actually enjoy Night Driver a lot more than most of their old stuff.

5. SpyKi

I'm still very much looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff they play tonight. Hopefully someone at the show uploads some videos to YouTube quickly.

inkwisitive and beachdude like this.
  6. beachdude

Yeah I’ll definitely still check it out. Guess I just have lowered expectations. I really hope it doesn’t come across juvenile like some of their old stuff.

7. inkwisitive

Regular

I'm not sure we'll be lucky with footage, by the looks of things there was a fairly strict no-camera policy :(
    I don't know if they played different songs across the three sets, but there were at least 2 new songs according to the one put on setlist.fm

8. SpyKi

Yeah I saw that last night. Disappointing but the single should be out on Friday.

9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Started listening to Busted because there hasn't been a solo release from Charlie in a while. I really like Night Driver, and I'm excited for this one (even if they are straying away from that sound).

I'm a fan!

beachdude, inkwisitive and SpyKi like this.
  10. beachdude

"Nineties" is out there. Believe it or not... I'm a fan. This is significantly better than I thought it would be.

SpyKi likes this.
  11. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Just downloaded the single and it's just alright (so far) but it's definitely promising that they've ditched the mediocre Night Driver sound and have brought their actual guitars back.

You even have a little glimpse of Charlie's screaming near the end. Sounds like it could be their rockiest (and maybe pop-punk) sound.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. inkwisitive

Regular

Lol this is midtempo and fast/thrashy at the same time (?!?). A bit more emotional than I expected, I thought the signs pointed towards it being more goofy.

Like it though! :D

13. inkwisitive

Regular

Also, Matt is sounding excellent, really suits this sort of production

The Lucky Moose, beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  14. beachdude

I’m extremely happy about this personally, and it’s actually one of the main reasons I like the song a lot more than I expected. I wasn’t looking forward to these guys trying desperately to be “goofy” again all these years later... in my mind there was about a 0% chance something like that would come off as genuine.

The lyrics are blatant nostalgia bait, but honestly the more emotional sound combined with pop punk actually works for them, it feels like progression while still somewhat returning to their roots sonically.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. beachdude

Yeah, I actually REALLY dig this, and I wasn’t expecting to like it at all. This is how you do a “return to roots” song that doesn’t feel like pandering... ironically despite the nineties nostalgia-themed throwaway lyrics, it still feels like a mix of old and new.

16. SpyKi

I still havent got to listen to it but the reactions have me hyped.

inkwisitive and beachdude like this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

beachdude likes this.
  18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

No one should miss the nineties. Worst decade

19. beachdude

The nineties had great music at least *shrug*

20. SpyKi

I like the song. I'll definitely be ok if the album is like this. Only issue I have really is that Charlie sounds odd in the chorus. Not sure if it's an effect on his vocals or a mixing issue.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This new song sounds A LOT like early Good Charlotte to me. I like it.

beachdude likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Wait what have you seen the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

DickyCullz and beachdude like this.
  23. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Total Boxcar Racer when the guitars kick in

24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

One show can’t save a decade

25. beachdude