Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bumblebee (Travis Knight, December 21,2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 5, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It’s honestly kind of a reboot more than a prequel.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This was straight up a Saturday morning cartoon, mixed with some like ET or whatever. I'm a bit surprised the critical reception has been as good as its been, but I also personally loved it. Hailee rules, Cena rules, & the Transformers designs rule. It was the movie I wanted it to be, and pretty close to the movie the original Transformers should've been. Briefly playing "The Touch" was the fan service I needed. It was silly and trope-y and whatever, but it was nostalgic and fun with a human lead that I actually loved spending time with. The whole set up for Charlie diving was obvious, lol, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that moment.

Too bad this is probably gonna get buried. The groundwork was certainly laid for a tonal & stylistic reboot, even if the film worked around the 2007 film's continuity from what I recall.

jkauf likes this.
  3. danielalee12

Regular

so so much nostalgia with this movie. it reminded me so much of the first transformers movie, 10ish yr nostalgic trip and it was much much better. so heartwarming, i even had some teary-eyed moments with the fam in theaters

jkauf and DrAlanGrant like this.
  4. danielalee12

Regular

also extremely happy they ditched the megatron-trash that they've been shoving down our throats in all of the Bay movies.

5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Really liked this, sure it has its predictable moments and familiar elements but it was highly entertaining throughout.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

finally Girlfriend In A Coma was in a Transformers movie
    Hailee crushed it of course and generally this was a lot of fun, just needed to get away from creepy Michael Bay
    it's cool that the screenwriter was female
    John Cena and Angela Bassett were appropriately and wonderfully campy , I can't believe Justin Theroux was the other Deceptacon
    I liked that Charlie and Memo weren't exactly love interests, this is about Charlie and Bumblebee's friendship
    the brother looked eerily like Timothee Chalamet
    oh Ron was Jeremy from Broad City

7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Holy damn I enjoyed the shit out of this

I would watch the hell out of a fall of cybertron movie

8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

This was boring

9. A real joy of a movie.

10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Saw this in Cinema and I was so happy that I was actually having fun watching a Transformers film!

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

My thoughts exactly. Such a wonderful surprise.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Just got around to watching this, but this came out of nowhere for me. I didn’t think this had any chance of being good when it was first announced. I’m glad I went forward with watching it, because both my wife and I thought it was a treat.

beachdude likes this.
  13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally got to watch this. Never saw any of the transformers movies but I thought that this was excellent. Action scenes were very well done, a good amount of comedy intertwined in here too.

Hailee Steinfeld is just so good though. She needs to be the lead in more movies

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

As someone who hates all of the transformers movies, I fucking loved this. So much fun, filled with heart, and the rewatchability is through the roof. Definitely one of my favorites from last year.

15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw this last night finally and loved it as well. My only issue with it (a minor one at that) is that all the Cybertron stuff felt animated and could’ve looked a little better. Other than that I thought this was awesome with a killer soundtrack!

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I enjoy this movie and it's soundtrack, but at one point early on 4 different songs are played within 10 minutes. "Things Can Only Get Better" and "Runaway" are placed at either end of about a 30 second scene

It just feels like they were trying to cram a ton of 80s atmosphere into the film in a very short time

Fun movie though

airik625 likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu/amazon prime 12/13

RyanPm40, Zilla and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just watched this, wish this started off the franchise. Really liked it. Take this over all the Transformers movies easily.

beachdude and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  19. GBlades

Trusted