Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bumblebee (Travis Knight, December 21,2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 5, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m guessing that’s when critic reviews will start showing up? Very interested...

2. beachdude

So I talked to a friend and realized there’s a screening at my local theater... we just impulse bought 2 tickets for Saturday haha! Will let you guys know how it is.

Joe likes this.
  3. beachdude

Seeing this tomorrow night! Actually pretty cautiously excited for this one.

Tim likes this.
  4. beachdude

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. beachdude

Joe and jkauf like this.
  6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i wanted to see this today too! but the only times i saw for theatres screening it around me were like 2 PM.

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude

Interesting... where do you live if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in California and our one screening is at 7 PM.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i live in minneapolis, the sneak previews are only at AMC here it seems and yeah, literally everyone in the metro was at 2 pm.

beachdude likes this.
  9. beachdude

Well this totally ruled! My favorite Transformers movie by a country mile. Actually made me tear up a bit.

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Would I like this (or be able to follow everything) if I haven't seen all the transformers films

beachdude likes this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

I’m so happy to hear how good this is. I love Transformers but the Bay films are so garbage I was worried I’d never see a good live action Transformers movie.

justin. and beachdude like this.
  12. beachdude

Yes, this one stands perfectly well on its own.

13. beachdude

This was so good guys. If anything the characters and story are the best part... such a refreshing change of pace.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. Currently at 96% (25-1) on RT. I didn't realize that the director was a producer for a few Laika movies and directed Kubo and the Two Strings.

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Seeing this in a couple of hours, the reactions online have me very excited for it. I think I liked Bay's first one (Might be because I was 15 and haven't seen it since) but I didn't like the following two, turned the first Wahlberg one off and didn't even bother trying the last one.

GrantCloud and beachdude like this.
  16. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Damn, really enjoyed this. Can’t believe they finally got a Transformers movie right in 2018!

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Probably seeing this alone tonight. I am stoked

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Going tonight too, more excited for this than Aquaman.

19. Seeing it tomorrow. I'm pretty optimistic given the reviews so far.

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This is basically a live action 80s cartoon, Cena really hammed it up perfectly. Few gripes, but a lot of heart, fun, and action where you could tell what was going on.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This was awesome. The transformers felt real and differentiated. Hailee really shines in this role. Otis has the perfect amount of screen time

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

If you go into this expecting a pretty cheesy 80s action/adventure movie, it's great. The relationship between Bumblebee and Hailee's character is masterfully done, Cena is a great cheesy military villain (and he had my favorite line in the movie with "They're called Decepticons and that's not raising any red flags?"), and the action actually felt cohesive and I was actually able to understand what was happening which was a nice change of pace from the other Transformers movies. Few issues (mostly with the family and the other teenager (think his name was Memo or something?)), but this is pretty much what the Transformers movies should have been from day 1.

jkauf likes this.
  23. This was good. I kind of loved John Cena hamming it up. I'd be down for a sequel.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I take it since this is a prequel that I don’t have to have seen all the other transformers movies, correct?

25. Ya you don't need to watch any of the previous transformers movies. It stands on its own.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.