Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 4

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Any time a tech guy tells me I was right about something, I feel like I've won the day. I'm just going to go to bed now, see you all tomorrow.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. kidwithhelmet

Been noticing this error, where on landscape it doesn't reveal my sidebar options:

image.png

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey @Jason Tate, just wanted to make sure you saw this.

4. I've been trying to replicate this and haven't been able to. My guess is that it has to do with deleting something and then going to the next line. and that it gets the bbcode stuff out of whack, or it may just be waiting to see if more text comes in to turn blue, if I'm reading that right.

If you click this icon:

[​IMG]
    You'll be able to see the raw code that's underneath. Which sometimes helps to fix anything you need.

5. I can't replicate this error at all. My only guess is that the whole page didn't download yet before you tapped it? Does refreshing and then hitting that button do it?

Is this on a 6+? or iPad?

6. kidwithhelmet

Sorry. 6+. Definitely don't think that's the problem as I can replicate this every time.

I start in landscape with this error, rotate to portrait and the sidebar then shows, rotate BACK to landscape and it's fine.

7. I'll play around with it some more, but I can't get it to happen on any of my devices or any emulator. If you visit any page in landscape and tap the menu it does that? I'll keep looking to see if I can't figure out why that may be.

8. kidwithhelmet

Yes. Not every page in landscape, but only in landscape. I wanted to maybe say it was only happening on the threads I have saved but I just ran through a few more pages and it happened again randomly, so I can't spot the trend. Let me know if you need anymore information.

And thank you. Had made a post on AP a few weeks back about how browsing in landscape on the 6+ is my preferred experience but so many apps/webpages don't support it. Thankful you do.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So, I re-created the issue right here in this thread. The first couple times I hit return, the italic icon flashed to black and then back to blue. The third time (I think), the icon turned black and that's when I looked at the code that you see here. So it looks like italics got turned off when I hit return... but if I had kept typing, it would have still been in italics (and turned back to blue). I honestly don't know if this helps at all.

Attached Files:

10. I think I fixed the landscape issue for the iPhone 5 being able to access mobile uploads.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not a big deal at all (actually made me laugh) but today when I accessed the site on Android, the button in the top left corner was some type of Chinese - or perhaps other language - character instead of the three lines. I think it happened once a while ago too but I had forgotten about it. Again, no hurry, just something I thought I should mention.

12. irthesteve Apr 13, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Any time I add a numbered list in a quote, it spaces it out a lot and always adds a "1." under the quote. See below:

EDIT: ok it didn't add the 1. this time, so I don't quite know how to recreate it

13. irthesteve Apr 13, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016)
    irthesteve

testing number two, with text below the box

texttextext

14. I think you didn't hit return after the quote. Like you were still on the same line.

15. irthesteve

Very well could be, ignore me for now... haha

16. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

For some reason when I'm on the forums on my phone (iPhone 6 running latest version of iOS) and someone links a tweet, it doesn't actually show the tweet. Instead it shows a link that says "Loading tweet..." and if I tap on it nothing happens. Might be something you're already aware of but I figure I might as well let you know just in case.

17. Are you running an adblocker? I whitelisted Chorus in 1Blocker and that got Tweets to load for me.

18. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it.

19. Collins

Trusted

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but whenever I'm on moblie and looking through a forum, it never displays page 2. It shows page 1, 3, 4 etc but never page 2. Anybody else deal with this?

20. It's because there's a "next" button there, to save space on mobile I hide "2" since the bigger next button does the same thing.

collin512 likes this.
  21. Collins

Trusted

Oh man, I feel dumb now haha. Thanks for answering.

22. No problem at all!

23. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Just noticed this today on the homepage for some reason. I'm running on Chrome.

Attached Files:

24. Thanks, fixed.

25. KissTheBottle

Newbie Prestigious

Sometimes I post things and they don't get 100s of likes and replies.
    Assuming this is a critical flaw in the coding or something?
    :heart: