Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 31

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. There’s a day registered requirement to avoid spam. I think it’s three days.

2. eyeamthu1

Thanks for reply - but still a bit confused - I registered aaaaages ago, and have been able to send PMs in the past. Am I misunderstanding you?

3. Three days + 20 messages is the metric, just looked. So it’s the 17 messages you have posted. Once it gets to 20 it’ll unlock. It’s to prevent spam since by the time someone has made 20 posts we usually will have seen and know if they’re real or not yet.

eyeamthu1 likes this.
  4. eyeamthu1

great!, thanks for clearing that up

5. eyeamthu1

Is it 3 days from registration + 20 posts ... or 20 posts + 3 days after the 20th post ? :crylaugh: I'm over 20 posts now , and it still hasn't unlocked...

6. eyeamthu1

^ Stand down! Has subsequently unlocked - just took a while. Thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Looks like there is a bug with spoiler tags where they are eating line breaks? If I just do:

one
    two

it appears as two separate lines like so:

one
    two

but if I do

[spoiler]one[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]two[/spoiler]

they appear on the same line:

one two
    (actually, might be true for all the bbcode tags. looks like despite having two line breaks after the code tags, one one is appearing)

8. morgantayler Nov 23, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 23, 2022)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

There is a new Best Buy ad that I'm getting today that will just make the whole screen site page grey for a couple seconds. I've only been on for about the last 20 minutes or so and it's done 4 or 5 times already, pretty much any time I go to a new page or refresh.

Idk if it's anything you can fix but it's the first time I've ever have an ad do that.

Cameron likes this.
  9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Here's a screenshot of it

Screenshot 2022-11-23 114510.png

10. I reported it to the ad company.

morgantayler likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

A lot of the time, my samsung galaxy tablet's s-pen seems to think this whole site is typable while scrolling. A "scribble" icon shows up under the pen which indicates that it thinks I'm trying to handwrite something. Very odd, I don't experience it on any other site and it seems to be new as of a few weeks to a month ago?

Could easily just be a samsung bug, just weird that it doesn't seem to happen on other sites

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

@Jason Tate I've seen a lot of people saying the same thing lately, but Instagram embeds aren’t showing up for me like 75% of the time the last few days. Any idea what’s up?

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Same

DrAlanGrant and 333 GANG like this.
  15. The above shows for me. Is there a current one that doesn’t show? Is it videos/reels?

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

That one isn’t showing for me

17. Still loading here.

Let me know: browser, OS, and check if any content blockers are on and running

Attached Files:

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

They load for me once in a while, but it’s not consistent. Sometimes if I refresh a handful of times it will show up.

Safari
    iPhone 14 Pro
    iOS 16.2 (but it was happening for a couple days proper to updating)
    No content blockers

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  19. I'll explore a few things, unsure what it could be ... might be a Instagram issue, but I've been unable to reproduce it on a regular basis, which makes troubleshooting it very hard.

333 GANG likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just for example I see your IG post but not this one 0AA9A30B-F3B8-4B12-8C4E-12EA60D9CECA.png

333 GANG likes this.
  21. Cameron Dec 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2022)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Actually nvm yours is gone too now

22. I can't see mine on my iPad at the moment. But I can on my phone.

Not sure what is going on, but I'm exploring a few things.

333 GANG likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well now I can see yours again lol. No idea what’s going on

RyanPm40 and 333 GANG like this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah it’s super intermittent for me. Sometimes I’ll see several in a row, and then none at all, and then every other one lol

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  25. I’ve been looking at this again tonight. My best guess, is that if the Instagram embed doesn’t load within 30 seconds, it gets an error, it it then also fails for another 30 seconds it stops trying to load. I can’t for the life of me reproduce it failing on my end except if IG has an issue. I have a few things I can try, but I want to tackle it and figuring out Mastodon embeds at the same time. If I’m gonna re-write any of that code, it should all go hand in hand. Plan is to work on this week of Dec26-Jan 1. I’ll update with anything I find.

Cameron and 333 GANG like this.