Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 3

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool. I had deleted the text but hadn't waited long enough for it to save again.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. It's a little confusing sometimes like ... wait what! But when it saves your ass from a post being deleted you'll thank me! :teethsmile:

3. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but the 2016 albums thread just disappeared and I'm not sure where else to bring it up. Not in my notifications, not in search, not in followed threads, and links to it are broken.

4. Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. A user requested all their threads be deleted on the site and I made a one time exception to allow that to happen. I am really, really sorry. It can be re-created and I'll make sure it gets sticked if you message me.

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

is the user okay? i get worried immediately :(

6. OwainGlyndwr

Thanks, Jason. No worries, I just had a moment of panic because I've spent a lot of time keeping that list and it's been a really great thread for discovering new music.

7. Definitely! It needs to return! Haha, it's a great thread.

8. OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  9. OwainGlyndwr

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

When I hit cmd + k to hyperlink something, I keep getting a numbered list instead. Is this a bug or is there a different command for it? I know it's an option in the editor but I tend to automatically hit cmd + k instead.

11. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

I don't know if you are already aware of this, but I noticed that if using Adblock on the news part of the site, the link to the discussion thread for the article doesn't appear. the twitter and facebook share links are there, but the forum one isn't. I tuned off adblock and it fixed the issue

12. Clear your cache and it should work.

13. Chris Yates likes this.
  14. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Clicked on the quick navigation menu on the bottom of the forums, clicked on "notifications" by mistake, but noticed that the page it takes you to doesn't exist

The page in question https://forum.chorus.fm/accounts/alerts

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Noticed this issue in the "Best of 2010-15" thread, I'd be typing in italics then go to the next line, and about half the time the italic icon would turn back to black, even though I'd still be typing in italics (when I start typing on the next line, the icon turns blue again).

16. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you do a forum search the search results have no real order to them.

17. Jason Tate Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    It's by relevance to what the algorithm thinks you're looking for. You can change that here:

Search • forum.chorus.fm

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  18. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Getting an Error 522 timed out message intermittently with the forums, not getting notified of being tagged and have no ability to tag others. All started happening this afternoon.

20. If you can't tag others that seems like something is blocking the javascript in your browser. Do you have any extensions running? I took a look at the server and there hasn't been any issues with it today.

As for notifications, are you not getting them in the browser when you're visiting, or are they not showing up at all on your notifications page:

https://forum.chorus.fm/account/alerts

If they're not showing up in the browser automatically, that's probably the same issue with the javascript. My guess is that for some reason your ISP is being a little wonky at the moment and it should fix itself with time - because this to me looks like it's probably a slow response time from your ISP to the server.

21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

The tagging thing appears to be fixed.

For notifications, at first it was both. Wasn't getting the icon and wasn't showing up on my notifications page. Then when you quoted me, I got the icon, but when I'd click it to reveal my page nothing would show up. This was happening on desktop and mobile on separate ISPs. But like I said, it was fine this AM and I think it's fine now. So idk.

22. You were actually right, you just caught it before everyone else! The datacenter itself had issues. It was on Linode's end with their Fremont datacenter (where this forum is hosted). You just caught it before anyone else. Sorry about that! For a minute I thought it was my fault and was like "oh fuck there goes my day." But, thankfully, not on me! Haha, was something going on with the datacenter itself.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  23. Testing. Looks like it's back and working.