Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 29

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It looks like it is just something with me using Firefox then, no issues on other browsers.

2. Anyone else having issues with tweets loading super slowly? Might be on twitter’s end tbh.

iPhone 12 iOS 15.3.1 newest version of Chrome

3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I'm running into this only with the video games thread, but whenever I try to get in I'm getting this error message. I've cleared my cache, restarted my computer, and rebooted chrome. Not sure what's going on here. Its only this one thread and it works on incognito...

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 2.51.39 PM.png

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Jason Tate on mobile I've been running into an issue where I click on the screen but the item that it navigates to is something about two rows up. Not sure if it's ad related or what.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Same thing happens to me sometimes, I'll try to click whatever thread is on my unread, but it'll jump into the thread two up. It usually happens most when I am clicking around fast, if I wait a bit after getting to the thread list then the issue doesn't happen

6. Hmm, that sounds like a slow tech issue, not sure what that could be on our end. That seems like touch not recognizing where it is.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This issue is probably really low on the totem pole lol but I got a new Kindle Fire HD 10 Plus and double-tap to scroll down doesn't work in Silk Browser or Google Chrome.

Maybe that's just expected behavior since it's a tablet, so it's treating it like a computer's display instead of mobile?

8. Having trouble getting Received Likes to load. Haven’t cleared cache or cookies though. Every other page seems to be working.

9. Maybe no one likes your stuff. :-p

Don't see any issues here at the moment. Page working for me. Wonder if it's a slow query.

10. I don’t know! I cleared my browser data and tried safari (I’ve only been on mobile) and it’s not working

11. What does it do?

12. when I click the link for the page it just tries to load and fails

Attached Files:

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Hmm, let me check for errors, not seeing anything. My page works, and I have more likes, so it shouldn't be a size issue.

Let me check a few other places.

14. Way to brag.

OwainGlyndwr and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Okie, try now.

16. Still not working. I’ll try my laptop too here..it’s gotta be an issue with my phone

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Hmm, so I've got the same issue on my laptop. So it doesn't appear to be device related.

18. Wow, now it works?!

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Might be on Spotify’s end but every time I open a thread now with a Twitter embed or an another link my Spotify won’t play. Seems to be working fine when I’m just looking at my followed threads page.

20. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Hey Jason! I’m running into an issue where tweet-heavy pages will appear to load fully, but then when I hit a certain point on the page, it looks like the page stopped loading. When I try to scroll back up, the content that I’d already scrolled past will disappear as well. After waiting for a few more seconds, the page will be replaced by an error message saying “there was an error”. An example is this post. I’ve tried both Safari and a fresh install of Chrome on both my MacBook and iPad. This happens every time I hit a specific post. It happened with a post in the Absurdist Twitter thread earlier this week as well.

I attached screenshots of what I’m seeing, using an example from the page in the GenPol thread prior to the one I linked above.

Attached Files:

Cameron likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Thanks for posting yes having the same issue

22. RyanPm40

Sounds like you guys need an Android phone

Fletchaaa likes this.
  23. Joe4th, Cameron and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. The best solution is to reduce the number of posts per page so that fewer Tweets appear on a page heavy with them.

https://forum.chorus.fm/account/preferences

Twitter’s embeds are taking up a lot of memory and crash the browser (and it’s definitely happening more often on Android phones based on the logs, for the record).

Twitter may have changed something recently on their end that is causing their embeds to be heavier, but I can’t find any mention of anything anywhere about it yet.

hermanthehermit and Cameron like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Haha fair enough, twas just a joke. Guess my 8GB of RAM is plenty :-p