Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 23

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Gotcha! In case I wasn't very clear, once it does happen, it is constant until the cache and cookies are cleared :-p.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. K. I'll keep monitoring and seeing if I can't get it to happen even once for me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. I rolled out another possible fix, going to keep checking various machines and devices to see if I can get it to happen.

RyanPm40 and phaynes12 like this.
  4. Samsung Galaxy S20
    Android, v10
    Chrome

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 2.34.03 PM.png

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

D700EBCD-5F80-43FC-A8F8-F5C54FE8D2C4.png
    11 Pro Max with the latest update on Chrome

6. Going forward, for this bug this information will be very helpful in tracking it down:
    • Please include OS and version, browser and version, device and model.
    • Please include if you have any content blocker installed and what one.
    • Please let me know if you've recently cleared the entire cache for your browser
    • Does it happen intermittently or every single time for every single tweet?

7. Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 2.39.13 PM.png

This makes no gd sense.

My phone, been logged in on Chrome since yesterday.

IMG_3DBC9551BF7A-1.jpeg

8. RyanPm40

Yeah seems to be happening more often for me, I cleared my cache maybe 15 mins ago to fix things, but it's happening again
    • Android 9, Chrome 81.0.4004.138, Galaxy S8+
    • No content blockers, device isn't rooted or anything
    • Yep, as mentioned above, cache and cookies were cleared which resolves it short term
    • Unless the tweet has maybe 2 lines of text and no embedded image or thumbnail, it affects every tweet on every page, even after refreshing or force closing Chrome. Usually works fine when launching in an Incognito tab
    Still gotta try it out on my MacBook when I have a chance :thumbup:

9. phaynes12

updating my first post:
    •no content blockers on my phone, but i have the same bug issue on my laptop (macbook pro on catalina version 10.15.3 running chrome 81.0.4044.138 running AdBlock)

•cache hasn’t recently been cleared for both

•every single time for every single tweet on mobile and intermittently on the laptop

10. phaynes12

sorry for the triple post, just mentioning things as they come to mind, but video tweets on both platforms fully “load,” in that they aren’t cut off, but like @Wharf Rat (i think) mentioned before, i have to open the tweets on twitter bc the videos don’t play and just refresh with an error message every time i press play. i’ll try to record my screen next time i come across it.

11. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Cleared my cache and it didn't fix it for me. I have android 10, Samsung galaxy s10 and I'm using the latest version of the chrome app. I don't have any content blockers. For me it's for every tweet all the time since I've first noticed it.

12. RyanPm40

Reproduced it on my Macbook. Looks like it doesn't adjust the height initially and keeps it at 200px, until you hover your mouse over the tweet, and then it readjusts. Bummer that workaround can't be done on a phone heh

Before (200px height):

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.59.43 PM.png

After (335px height):
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.00.51 PM.png

• Macbook Pro (13 inch, mid 2014 edition). MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Chrome Version 81.0.4044.62 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
    • No adblockers enabled
    • Hadn't cleared the cache on this laptop in a few months, but after clearing cache and cookies, everything is fixed
    • Every tweet on every page until mouse-over fixes it

13. RyanPm40

Double-check and make sure you chose a Time range of "All time" and that Cookies and Cache are both checked off. Cache/cookies seem to need to be cleared from both Chorus and Twitter, but I just remove all from my browser to be safe. Works on my Galaxy S8 and Macbook
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.14.03 PM.png

14. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i had that once or twice but not since this update. however have not been reading the politics thread as much so may not have noticed

phaynes12 and Jason Tate like this.
  15. RyanPm40

I have no idea why I never thought to mention this, but I'm also experiencing this same issue trying to play actual video in tweets and always have to launch in a new tab even if they aren't cut off.

I think it's mainly been over the last few weeks. This is on mobile at least. Works fine on my laptop at the moment, but I also already went ahead and cleared my cache so everything else is loading fine now too

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. Will keep troubleshooting. May have other questions in a bit.

phaynes12 and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. It should say v-12 now. When you get a moment can you check if that’s true and let me know if it fixed anything at all?

18. RyanPm40

Hmm, you mean in the src of the iframe? Still seeing "twitter.min-v11.html" in it. Issue still persisted when I went to check on that, but cleared my cache again and will have to see if it happens again. So far so good after mashing refresh a bunch heh

19. OK. Since I can't reproduce this we're going to try something ...

If you're having this issue, please view this page: Twitter Debug Page. It's a separate page that just loads one tweet, but I put some stuff on it that may help me see where the issue is.

Does that page and tweet size load correctly for you?

If no, and you're on a desktop computer using Chrome, please, in the menu bar go View > Developer > Developer Tools. Then click where it says "console" in the top. Refresh the page.

You will see something that says something like "tweet loaded: debug - height: 483"

What I need to know is what that says and if there's anything that comes after it - you may see another line or two of other numbers. If you do, please copy/paste them here.

I know this is silly, but it's the only way I can isolate just the tweet and see what it's doing and why it is resetting the height to 200px, which it definitely should not be doing. Then I can slowly hopefully figure out where the issue is and fix it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Jason Tate May 28, 2020
    (Last edited: May 28, 2020)
    I'll check back tonight to see what we find, and then work on this again tomorrow after writing my newsletter. Without being able to reproduce this on my end it's a real mother fucker.

But we'll get it sooner or later.

Sorry about this, I have no idea why it's doing this only for certain people.

21. Wharf Rat

this what you're looking for? (thats f12>console or ctrl+shift+j on windows)

upload_2020-5-28_21-28-4.png

22. Wharf Rat

thats windows, chrome 83.0.4103.61, with ublock origin, hadn't cleared cache. after clearing all cache and cookies loads correctly

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Yep. Did it properly resize or stay what it was that first time?

24. Wharf Rat

after clearing and logging in:
    upload_2020-5-28_21-33-8.png

25. Wharf Rat

it resized on rollover like on the live site

Jason Tate likes this.