Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 22

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Using Chrome on the iPad too?

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. I can't install the older version of Chrome on my iOS device, but I've installed the latest (83 something) and I will monitor the Tweets throughout the day to see if they stop loading correctly.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  4. It's been 24 hours and with clean cache, I can't reproduce this to the point where it uses the old version of the Twitter embeds. If somehow the cache isn't getting cleared it could be using the older version which doesn't properly resize.

IMG_FC7994E3CC65-1.jpeg

I'll keep monitoring. The only other thing I could think of is if it's on a really slow internet connection.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve only had to reset it on my end two more times since yesterday so maybe it was an isolated issue that’s now resolved? I’m not sure.

If it continues to happen regularly, I’ll ping you, thanks!

6. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Twitter posts showing up weird, example below

Screenshot_20200528-142213_Chrome.jpg

7. I'll be looking into this in more detail later today! I'm on it.

RyanPm40 and Fletchaaa like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's interesting how it just seems to be a character limit where the issue starts occurring

Screenshot_20200528-154053_Chrome.jpg

I feel like as a web developer I should know more about this, but I've never worked with Twitter embeds before so I'm not totally sure how they work with the web framework you're using. No idea if that helps you in any way

9. Ok, rolling out my first guess of what the issue may be. I still can't reproduce this here, so I am going to have to rely on other people telling me if it gets fixed or not.

Let me know in 3-5 minutes if Tweets start loading correctly.

@RyanPm40 @Fletchaaa

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Heh I just cleared my cache right after my post but I'll be sure to keep an eye out if it comes back! Thanks for your hard work!

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Still appears to be the same for me

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

upload_2020-5-28_16-22-1.png

yeah, still seeing the same

14. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Same for me as well, though I'm on chromeos now. could check windows after 5 but imagine its the same

15. RyanPm40

Yeah the issue was fixed when I cleared my cache earlier but it's back now

16. RyanPm40

20200528_164533.gif
    Another thing I'm not sure of how helpful it is, but it looks like the issue could be that it never resizes the default placeholder for the embedded tweet once it has loaded up

17. Jason Tate May 28, 2020
    (Last edited: May 28, 2020)
    You've done web dev, so I'm hoping maybe you can help me ... do you have access to the web inspector on a device this is happening?

What I'd need to see is what's the iframe source for the tweet, it should be something like this:

<iframe id="XXXXXX" allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://forum.chorus.fm/bts/twitter.min-v1.html#1266055362051862528" class="twitter-tweet" style="height: 481px;"></iframe>
    What I am curious is if you're seeing twitter.min-v1.html as the src? And what the height is being added to the style.

Going to see if I can reproduce the error on virtual machine.

18. I can't get it to happen on any virtual machine OS, on any device, on any browser. Going to try older browser next.

And you're all seeing it happen no matter what? And then a clear cache fixes it but only for a few minutes and then it comes back?

19. Trying one more thing to see if it fixes it.

20. RyanPm40

Np!

Screenshot_20200528-170557_Chrome.jpg
    I see it in the source code, but it's strangely commented out, and I don't see a height applied to it

21. RyanPm40

It only happens like 1 to 5 times a day for me, sometimes not at all, though it's been more consistently every day over the last week or so. Not necessarily every few minutes

22. Yeah, it would be in the source code, because it's being "lazy" loaded in when it scrolls into view. So I'd need the live version of it ... it's ok, it's hard to grab from a phone no matter what. Gimme a few minutes to play with a few other things.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. k. interesting. seems others are seeing it constantly.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

Makes sense! Ok cool, I'm rarely on a computer when I'm off work for the day, but I can try and remember to pull up chrome on my MacBook later and see if I can reproduce it there