Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 21

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Working

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is probably less a bug, more of a curiosity. I cannot for the life of me find the following thread through search. I'm assuming it's due to the ' in the band name. But the general band thread shows up. I had thought, maybe the ' on my keyboard was a different character to the one in the title, but even copy and pasting won't find the album thread. Am I going crazy here?

O'Brother - You and I (May 1, 2020) • Page 5 • forum.chorus.fm

3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I know double clicking anywhere scrolls you do to the bottom of the page, but now it's doing it even when you double click your username at the top of the page, instead of just taking you back to your followed threads.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The news page appears to be broken. I'm getting a 404 Not Found message when trying to view an article.

EDIT: Now getting a Error 522 Connection Timed Out message.

5. I didn't even know that was a thinking about double clicking the username. I will look into this! Thanks.

morgantayler likes this.
  6. Jason Tate May 14, 2020
    (Last edited: May 15, 2020)
    This is now fixed. I pray. Hah.

morgantayler likes this.
  7. latortuga

Regular

So is this double click to scroll to the bottom a new feature? It's driving me insane, is there any way to disable it easily per-user or just overall? I double click to highlight text as I read, I know that makes me neurotic but it also means that everything just became unusable for me.

Sorry if this has been discussed/decided elsewhere.

paperlung likes this.
  8. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

i for some reason thought it was supposed to be on mobile only, but i do the same highlighting as i read lol and have been having to adjust to that.

EddieDS likes this.
  9. Will look into this and try and fix asap.

latortuga likes this.
  10. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

if possible, i would love it if you kept the double-click to scroll to bottom on desktop when clicking outside of a post body!

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Doubletap will only work on small screens going forward. After the change gets pushed out (ten minutes or so) you can once again double click on all the words, as that should be expected behavior for text selection as well as while posting.

At the moment I kinda have to go one or the other because of how the page is structured, but I added a note to take a look at this again in the future to have the capability added to the desktop version of the site.

latortuga, EddieDS and paperlung like this.
  12. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Thank you!

13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I might explain this weird, and it might have already been said, but when I go to the home page, I’m not logged in, and when I click on community, I am logged in. It’s not a huge deal, I don’t need to be logged in when I’m the home page and rarely use it, but seems like a significant enough issue to report!

14. Log out, then log in, and they will be synced up. I cleared everything to fix a bug, but one logout and then login will fix it for you! Sorry about that, this was the only way I could fix that bug though.

15. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey @Jason Tate , was there a recent change in how tweets are displayed in the last 2-3 weeks?

I’m on an iPhone and every tweet only loads halfway and I have to click them, which opens a new tab, and when I go back to the original tab it’s now displayed fully. Is there some setting I need to fix? It’s pretty annoying :/

Attached Files:

17. Clear your browser cache and that should fix it.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like that fixed it, thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Are Facebook posts not embedding on here for anyone else?

20. ItsAndrew likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

While this works when I do it, I guess it “resets” every few hours and I have to clear cache and cookies each time.

Is there some specific setting that fixes it permanently? Or is it something I’ll just need to do each time?

22. Not sure why it would reset back to the older files, but I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool, thanks!

24. Can you let me know what OS and browser you are seeing this on and if it's occurring on multiple devices for you? I'm going to see if I can figure out what's going on with it today, since I'm not seeing that issue anywhere after I've cleared the cache for the forum.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure, I’m on an iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 13.4.1 using Chrome 81.0.4044.124

It happens on my iPad, too, but I’m not near that so I don’t know the software versions and whatnot. But it does happen there, too.