Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 14

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. emersontheauthor

Regular

I've been having anaissue thatt might be just me-

LeavingLall errors in and making no corrections to this postst so you can see-

I mostly use mobile site - chrome browser - andafor some reasonr when I'm typtypingt it does this crazy thing where I can press space anda either thet firstf letter of the preceding word will appear again or the last letter, or sometimes a combination of letters. (Gonna start correcting this post now because it drives me crazy to look at.)

It only happens on this site - other websites in the same browser are fine, my other apps are fine, etc. I use Swiftkey keyboard, which might be the problem. It started doing this...maybe a month ago? And doesn't do it every day. Maybe every third day. It's really frustrating and takes me twice as long to write a post. Using the auto-suggested words when it's doing this really messes with it.

I understand if there's nothing you can do. It might just be me, and I can live with it. Like I said, it doesn't happen every day.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. This is the second time I've seen someone mention autocorrect on Android being weird.

I don't have an Android device readily available to test on ... but this is really strange.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty sure I had the same issue when I had an Android phone.

4. emersontheauthor

Regular

It's fine if it's just something I have to live with, although it does make me feel better that it's not just me!

5. emersontheauthor likes this.
  6. If you can star that Chrome bug report that’ll help too.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  7. emersontheauthor

Regular

Thanks so much, Jason! I will disable the rich text editor and see what happens.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. emersontheauthor

Regular

Just saw this today (I got an email because I starred the bug report), did the update, enabled rich text editor again, and it seems to be working so far!

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Don't know if it's something you have any control over, but for the past month or so the text correction features in Gboard haven't been working when I'm typing on the site. It seems to do fine elsewhere, but on chorus if I click a word in the suggestion strips it messes up the text

10. That’s the error discussed above. It’s Google.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Oh wow. I'm an idiot and didn't bother looking at the page I was replying to. Thanks

12. Has anyone else had trouble with disappearing cover photos? I try to update mine maybe once a month, and lately, it almost always seems to disappear within a week.

13. Heh. My bad. It’s cause of the code where all “non supporters” lose cover photos each week ... but you’re a mod. I’ll fix this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Whoops! I thought it might be a supporter-only thing, but I wasn't sure. (And I've been planning to support as soon as financially viable, haha.)

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Wait, that's a feature, not a bug lol?

16. Wait does it do it to you too? It should only do it to non-supporters. If you’re a supporter you should be fine.

17. CyberInferno

No, it doesn't do it to me. Then again, i don't think it did it before I was a supporter either.

It just sounds like one of those things that people would report as a bug when it's actually intentional.

18. Ahh. I think people know that it’s a supporter only feature. They lose Dark Mode too.

19. CyberInferno

Dark mode I knew about. The losing a profile picture is new to me (not that it's applicable now in any case). I'm pretty sure that never happened to me, but then again, I probably uploaded my photo ~2 days into the community site existing, so perhaps that code didn't retroactively apply to photos that had already been uploaded?

20. Cover photo not profile pic. The photo behind the profile pic.

21. CyberInferno

Ah, right. Reading is hard. Sorry about that. Had no idea that cover photos were even a thing on here (I still refuse to use one on Facebook which just means my profile looks somewhat barren).

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. All good! :peace:

23. burnout2888

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if discussed before, but on the latest version Chrome on my OG Pixel, at the bottom of the forum, the page selection skips the second page.

Attached Files:

24. I’ve always had that too. Chrome on iPhone