Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (Public) Bug • Page 11

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I thought I signed up for the monthly supporter package, but this month it looks like it didn't renew?

2. I'll look into this as soon as I get back to a computer!

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Jason Tate Jul 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2017)
    It looks like the payment will be on Aug 2, 2017, I have no idea why it removed the supporter stuff yet ... PayPal is really really annoying. This is why I'm trying to move away from PayPal as quickly as possible, it's just super annoying and doesn't seem to communicate correctly. It makes no sense why they sent me a "you canceled" notice from their system. Ugh. I got it set back up for you, let me know if you see any other issues.

So sorry about that.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Thank you! Didn't realize how annoying PayPal is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Old post, but any update on this. Still an issue six months later. Super annoying when replying on mobile because you can't see what you're typing.

6. As far as I know, it's a bug with the Chrome software itself that hasn't been fixed yet. I've filed reports on it. On other browsers the keyboard will cover very long posts once the the textbox expands, and you can scroll through it, but Chrome, for whatever reason, covers the textbox immediately.

I just tried it on iOS/Chrome though, and it seemed to be working right? The text box wasn't covered for most quick replies ...

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This sometimes happens for me and I just close and reopen Chrome. iOS here.

8. Going to look at this in more detail today to see if anything has changed.

9. There's still a bug in Chrome/Safari that I can't figure out why it works perfectly on the computer/emulation, then breaks on a phone. Still digging into the specifics.

10. I spent three days looking into this now, and there's no real good answer. Basically, on the iPhone, no matter what I do to try and tell the text box not to "grow," it will. I've tried numerous ways to turn this "feature" off and it's basically a mess and doesn't work. I've tried various other "hacks" to see if I can work around it -- like scrolling your screen to the bottom every time you type a space to make sure that it stays in view, but if you then were to go up higher and do an edit, it would scroll you back down unless I find out a way to track specifically where the caret/you're typing is at any given time, and be constantly sending it back and forth and updating it.

I'm going to play around with a few more things, I have one last attempt to force the simple textbox version of the postbox when someone is on mobile and see if there's a workaround that way (I'll only do it if I can keep the features like draft saving) ... if that doesn't work, I'm going to abandon this bug for the time being until I get either a different idea or Apple gives a better way to turn off that expanding iframe "feature." Three days is about all I can spend on it right now, cause I have to get back to my other project. And this one is making me hit my head against the wall.

11. :up:

That'll probably work, with a few caveats and minor functionality changes/loss. I have to fix some styling issues on the posting box to make it look/work better. I'll try and get that fixed early next week.

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was just curious- any plans on letting us use emojis and other post features in portrait mode in mobile? Kind of annoying to have to flip to landscape.

I'd expect the "More options" link to do this, or at least the plus button next to the "reply to thread" button.

13. Yeah, I gotta figure out the right way to do it and where to put the options on the screen. I have an idea for what I could do, but it'll take some work ... since I'd want the buttons to be big and touchable with fingers. Probably emoji via Quick reply at the very least, and then all the options via the more options page. Just gotta figure out how to fit it in better to the tiny space. It's on the list though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Awesome, I totally get it, glad you're exploring it anyways :-)

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Any idea why the page options skip from 1 to 3 when I'm browsing a forum on mobile? Doesn't happen for threads I don't think.

[​IMG]

Google chrome android phone but I doubt that matters.

16. Because "next" takes you to 2.

17. Makes sense haha just wondered whether or not that was intentional

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Ever since I updated Chrome last week the link that takes you to a quoted post doesn't work. I don't know why an update would cause that type of behavior but the link works in safari and on ios so I'm assuming that's the reason...

Jason Tate and Jacob like this.
  19. No idea what they did to break that ... hopefully they fix it? It's really basic stuff that works on really old browsers.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I've noticed the quoted post link doesn't work as well (on Chrome also).

One other odd thing I've noticed occasionally, maybe it's not a bug, but if a thread that hasn't been posted in in a very long time, the next time someone posts and I click on it from my 'followed threads', it takes me to the first post on page 1 instead of the new post.

Seems to be based on time. For example, the Outdoor Recreation thread's last post was July 6th. Someone just posted in it now and when I clicked on it from 'followed threads' it took me to the first page.

Jason Tate and ChaseTx like this.
  21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

In regards to the quote link bug it only happens if the quote is on the same page of the thread you're already on.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. I don’t know what Chrome screwed up and changed. They did something with their JavaScript that I’m hoping they fix in the next release, if they don't, I'll dive into it a little deeper.

23. Actually, I figured out a workaround ... once all the javascript files refresh through the system (about 10 minutes), do a hard refresh to clear your browser cache and it'll be fixed on Chrome.

Just tested it.

(Hopefully I didn't fuck anything else up. If you see any weirdness else where, please let me know.)

Jacob likes this.
  24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

works for me!