Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug • Page 8

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. This whole thing is really weird and I haven't been able to completely buckle it down yet. I think this morning was some maintenance issues, but I'm not totally sure yet.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

@Slowpoke is having issues accessing the forum on their new windows 10 computer using Chrome. It gives a "this site can't be reached; forum.chorus.fm took too long to respond" message.

3. Every time? Or how consistently? What about from mobile? Can one of you PM me your IP address so I can run a trace to see if I can see how or where?

4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I wanted to ask a few techie questions :) I hope it helps. Is it only happening on chrome? What security software is being used (if any)? Any browser extensions being used?

5. PyramidPostcard

No, Edge too, as well as from their iphone's default browser. Norton is still installed, i think that's it. I think the only browser extensions on their chrome right now are xkit and adblock plus, but that doesn't explain the mobile.

6. So it's happening on your mobile, their mobile, their computer, but not your computer — all on same network, right?

7. PyramidPostcard

correct.

8. Slowpoke

Queen Slowpoke

I thought I would pop in, I just managed to get on with Safari on my iPhone. Still connected to the same network and everything

9. Ok, made a few changes to see if I can't fix this annoyance, so I guess we'll have to see if that worked.

Sorry about having to take the whole server down for a few minutes, needed to run some tests.

schlotty likes this.
  10. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Oh, apparently I must have tried to get on as you took the server down and that's why it wasn't working.

Well that's a nasty coincidence haha. My b for blowing up your twitter @Jason Tate

11. Sorry about that, it was 1am and I figured if I was going to make a change and see if one of my guesses was what was causing the issue I might as well do it now. Of course fucking with the server after a few beers at 1am is also probably not the smartest idea in the world, but I got what I needed edited and rebooted, so, :cheers:!

Now I just hope it fucking worked.

12. Just got both of these at the same time.

[​IMG]

13. Hmm. Maybe it was just a really good day for your posts? Haha. I'll have to check on how often that cron runs.

14. I'm on mobile, so I'm not sure how many likes I have.

Request: a place on mobile to see points/post/like count

15. You have exactly 100.

16. PyramidPostcard

I got those two at the same time yesterday, i think.

17. Just opened the site on my iPad Mini 2 for the first time. This layout seems off.

[​IMG]

18. Yep, it's because I'm an idiot and had both sent to 100 instead of one at 50. Sorry about that! Fixed.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  19. Apparently China really wants access to this server.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 8.50.18 PM.png

20. Timmiluvs

The spam bots have found us here too

21. They want it badly.

22. Timmiluvs

I also like the one attempt from the Russian Federation. Just to spice it up a bit.

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Defenses still holding?

Feel like I'm in Helm's Deep

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. So far. Made one minor change to try and see if that was the issue with some people having access problems.

25. Like it won't save your password?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.