Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug • Page 4

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Womp. Missed that. Good looks

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

On one of my computers, I was experiencing some issues typing a reply in conjunction with the page trying to refresh/update. When I would be typing a message the page would update and I would lose what I was typing. If the draft was able to auto save I could refresh the page and get the text to reappear. This computer was using Windows 8 and an updated Chrome browser. Sometimes I would get an error message after trying to submit the post, but the post would still go live. I just had to refresh the page again.

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure where to post this, but how do I turn off email notifications completely?

4. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

What are you getting email notifications for? The only ones I got were from PMs (which can be turned off under "Contact Details")

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like it's just replies to threads I'm following, which I thought I had turned off already.

6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Huh, that's interesting. The only thing I could think of is if you click "follow thread" and accidentally have the first option checked that sends email notifications for that thread.

7. Interesting. Took a look, Askimet found something in there that they thought was spam — hah, weird. I'm not sure what's being caught as spam. Is there something you specifically were adding/changing? Does it work now?

Suppose false positives are better than what was happening on AP.net.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

On mobile again.
    I quoted someone by accident in a thread, and even after deleting the quote text, it's now like.. Stuck in the text box every time I open the thread, even after posting a new post in that thread.

9. It's probably just a saved draft. Refresh, click the text box, delete the text, and wait. It'll clear itself. It'll go away in time, otherwise as well if you do nothing too.

10. irthesteve

Still stuck there, and oddly when I got on my home computer, the draft is still here as well. I can delete it, refresh and that page will have the blank text box, but if I go to any other page of the thread, the draft is back

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but since signing up the email I used has gotten close to 80 spam emails a day. Granted, I've had the email for close to 12 years at this point I think, so could just be weird timing and one of hundreds of sites I've used it at. But figured you might wanna double check email protection before opening the site any further/see if this is happening to anyone else.

13. It started working again. I didn't do anything to make that happen though. Seems random. I had initially tried to change the tag line with my blog URL and Twitter handle. It blocked me at first, but I was able to change it a few hours later.

14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Mobile is very slow for me, for some reason.

Also, I only get notifications sometimes. I don't get notifications for most threads I'm subbed too or when I'm quoted. It's usually just when the general chat thread updates is when I receive a notification lol

15. [​IMG]

Latest build of Safari renders this icon fragment in the search bar everywhere I look (sidebar, thread search, etc.).

16. irthesteve

I know you're tired of hearing about this, haha. But I just went into the Pretigious Chat thread for the first time in a few days and a previously quoted (but never posted) quote is now stuck in there as well. Also, I'm on my work computer and the original problem still exists. I had to post in the thread, using the quote that was stuck, to get rid of it

17. Gotta let it sit until it says "draft saved" after you delete the text. Or delete the text, add a smiley, click post, and then delete that post - that should do it too.

It'll also clear after a few days on its own. It thinks you want it.

18. Your email isn't exposed anywhere on the site, I make sure of that, so it's not coming from us.

Interesting. Not sure why it was flagged, but before a user has shown to be real I have a few spam systems checking everything to make sure it's not spam. Looks like it was just a false positive.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Yeah, this has been driving me crazy as well. It's a bug in Safari, as far as I can tell, that doesn't listen to my css to remove it. I specifically want a few options provided by declaring that search field, but I don't want their icon because of where it's placed. It's being stubborn. It'll fix for a build, then come back. Very annoying.

20. On the 'Contact Details' page, I put in my Facebook and Twitter names. No trophy. Is there another way to associate my accounts that I'm not seeing?

21. irthesteve

ooooooh, now I get it, thanksss

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Actually I think that is broken. Haha, let me check. That was one I wanted to add and don't think I ever put the logic in place to do it.

23. Fixed. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.