Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug • Page 3

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

that's by design. same on desktop. just click on the quote and it will expand.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there we go. ty!!!

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Not really a bug, but there's a sub forum Tour Discussion in Music Forum. the only way to get in there seems to be the sub forum button on the forum list. As I said, it's not necessarily a bug, but it could be hard for users (especially if they're visually impaired in any way) to get to that forum, given how small it is.

I might just be being silly and there is a clearer way to access that forum though.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

other users should be ok, the "Follow" button is missing there, because it's your own profile.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i tried to put myself on ignore and i couldn't. rude tbh.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for all the help, sorry if it the requests seemed unreasonable :p

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

not that i have ever blocked anyone but if i click on schlotty's name to do so it gives me the permission error because of his settings. i assume we want to be able to block someone regardless of whether we can view their profile

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

if you click your username up top there's a link to a "Blocking" page. you can just enter a username there as a workaround

Ryan Dennehy likes this.
  9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

now i can block you, thank god

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

lol at this being the part of that cover photo shot thats clear in the miniprofile
    Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 12.09.20 PM.png

Nick likes this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, having this problem as well! Thought it was a me problem too.

12. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

How does one pick a cover photo? Just realised I haven't done that yet.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

On my phone this morning I was having problems with the quote function. If I'm in a thread and click "quote" it takes me down to the text box, but the quoted text didn't show up until I was halfway into typing my response, so it kinda ended up like

blah blah blah typing my respo
    nse to you

HTC One M9
    Andriod Marshmallow

14. irthesteve

What I am getting at is that the "reply button" does NOT make it appear instantly, I just counted and it takes about 20 seconds to appear in the reply box

15. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Not so much a bug, mostly a question, but is there a way to make it so that PMs in your inbox don't send you an email?

I find that if I don't check my inbox after a couple minutes it'll send me an email.

16. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Ah ha, there it is. Thanks!

17. Not even a little bit, really happy for it, it lets me think things out, see things from other sides I may not be thinking of yet, and it makes the entire site better.

18. irthesteve

I wouldn't call this a bug, but what's the reasoning for the scroll bars on either side of the quotes? Especially left-right, they look a bit intrusive and clunky

19. I looked into this a few days back and it looks to me like there's an issue with some ISPs and DDOS attacks at Linode, where the forum is hosted, and so they were dealing with that. Hopefully that will be mitigated in the near future.

Hah, I love that you found that. I put that forum in because I know how popular it is on the website with like a few core dedicated group of people — but I didn't really want it to be a "main" forum. It can also be found by using the little blue square quick navigation at the bottom of the pages, but, yeah, it's kinda hidden on purpose right now. It was my compromise.

:down:

:ok:

I looked into this a few days back and it looks to me like there's an issue with some ISPs and DDOS attacks at Linode, where the forum is hosted, and so they were dealing with that. Hopefully that will be mitigated in the near future.

New Feature: Profile Cover Photos • forum.chorus.fm

That's gotta be a phone issue, because it should be close to instant from clicking reply ... I've tested it on some pretty slow phones and haven't seen any issues at all. It's a pretty basic call to do that. That's weird. I'll check to see if there's any documentation or something, but that should definitely not be happening with a modern mobile browser.

Windows sucking. Heh. Looking into that right now.

20. irthesteve

Interesting, yeah it's a brand new phone as of a few months ago and everything works fine on the AP mobile site as well.

21. Could have sworn I had fixed that, for some reason I guess I didn't.

Stupid Firefox.

This is now fixed.

22. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Sorry I feel like me using Firefox is causing more hassle haha, maybe I should change browsers finally.

23. Hahaha. Nah, it's ok, just one I don't see every page through usually - so it's good someone is finding those.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

For the last couple hours I've been getting on and off but persistent time outs on this site, but only on my computer. Fine on my phone

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Jason said this about it: "I looked into this a few days back and it looks to me like there's an issue with some ISPs and DDOS attacks at Linode, where the forum is hosted, and so they were dealing with that. Hopefully that will be mitigated in the near future."

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.