Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug • Page 2

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. sweet, I can probably make him look even better now haha

2. Ok, on to squashing some more of these bugs.

3. Ok, I think I got this one. I doing math wrong but I think I got it all fixed on desktop and mobile. Thanks for finding it!

scott likes this.
  4. This is where I curse at Firefox. But this should be fixed now.

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything is looking good on Chrome!

However, in the Thrice thread, I just quoted some text from an article and as I scroll down in the quote, the last couple sentences have a glare (blurry).

6. Click the blur. It'll expand. It fades long quotes to keep them from getting too long and out of hand.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah, I see. Glad it's not a bug!

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

@Jason Tate I saw the default avatar and knew I had to do something with it haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Imgur Image

maybe because my custom title is too long?

11. Ahh, it's the long username. Let me take a look.

12. This should be fixed now. When you got the new username it's longer than I was anticipating.

13. @schlotty Working on fixing the permissions bug I found earlier, may be weird until I fix that.

14. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I think he was messing with profile permissions because I was seeing that on everyone for a bit. Now I see this on a select few (including yourself X-():
    Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 9.26.12 PM.png

edit: beat me to it!

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i tried to block you :devil:

16. @schlotty @stnewton

Rolling out the fix to the above, should be good to go in a few minutes.

Had a permissions bug where someone could have the "contact details" hidden on their profile but they'd show on the mini-profile, that is now fixed. Your privacy settings for contact details apply to your profile and mini-profile.

I also rewrote the permissions so that the mini-profile will follow, strictly, your "view your profile" privacy options. Who can view your mini-profile at all will be exactly the same as who can view your full profile. Uncheck it in the privacy screen = no one can view your profile or mini-profile, at all. Set it to members only = have to be logged in to see it, "you follow only" = only people you expressly follow can see your profile AND your mini-profile. The default when you register option, without setting anything also now removes the link to "view all posts" for anyone not logged in (@nothingsforeverdude @lightning13), those logged in will have the link.

All should work.

17. Wrote that mother fucker with a beer in da belly. :cheers:

18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yes! It does. Thanks :)

19. Damn you mini-profile! You will be the death of me.

Gonna go look at it.

20. Fixed. It updates on a schedule, to avoid killing the db each time it's hit, so it may get behind every once in a while. But it should work again!

21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

didn't even know that page was a thing and was about to ask for a list of members haha

22. Heh. Couple hidden things around that I don't want to make too obvious because of how much they hit the database. I being sneaky.

:teethsmile:

23. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

[​IMG]
    On the profile page, the avatar and username overlap a little on the "status" box. (Firefox, Macbook Pro)

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Can't really post a picture right now but quoted posts on mobile are really faded and hard to read at the bottom. You can scroll through but the bottom never changes and you can't scroll down far enough to make it less faded

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.