Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bug Reports (First Beta Testing) [ARCHIVED] Bug • Page 10

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ad block is blocking them.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Actually fucked around with this now that the game was over. It was disconnect. My first thought was either AD+ or HTTPS Everywhere since thats generally where I have issues.

3. I am pretty certain we have fixed the issue with multiple devices on one network having trouble accessing the forums. This should propagate in about 24 hours, but thankfully that appears fixed.

Really sorry about that for those affected during the past few weeks, I know how annoying that was.

Nick, stnewton and PyramidPostcard like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Won't let me make a new thread on mobile, says "this forum can not be found"

5. Which forum?

6. cwhit

Music was where I tried, tried in general and happened too.
    [​IMG]

7. Ah, was an error when I moved everything over to https, fixing now, should roll out in about 5 minutes.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sneaky cwhit thread blocker update?

schlotty and Jacob Tender like this.
  9. cwhit

I knew the "man" was holding me back!

Nick likes this.
  10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I've noticed this happens in both the light and the dark modes, the follow/unfollow button covers up text when in landscape mode on mobile.
    image.png

11. Yeah. That's by design for that screen size. It was that or hide the date and stuff but it kinda depends on the forum or username if that's needed. So that was my current compromise.

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ok, gotcha. I thought that may have been the case but I posted just in case it wasn't.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Dark mode bug. It's very hard to see spoiler tags in dark mode. Prob be better to change the style to white spoiler with black font?

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Jason Tate Mar 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2016)
    Fixed.

15. Not a "bug," but maybe we could rethink how many pinned threads we have in each forum? It's always a little disorienting, for example, when I see "XYZ Thread" has the most recent post in the Entertainment forum, and then when I click on the Entertainment forum, I actually have to look at the bottom of the page to find XYZ Thread. I always expect to see it at the top, but since there are so many pinned threads, you have to scroll down to see most of the most recent threads.

In my opinion pinned threads should be reserved for announcements or things that everyone should see at the top of the forum -- if it's just an active discussion thread, it'll remain on the front page regardless because people will be posting in it. But for example half of the pinned threads I'll probably never read, so it's kind of a pain to have them taking up so much real estate on the front page of the forum.

In this screenshot, when I load the Entertainment forum I only get three "actual" threads unless I scroll down or navigate to the second page.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 4.39.59 PM.png

schlotty likes this.
  16. Yo @Henry

Thoughts on the above ^

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yeah I agree with Scott - I don't really think any of those types of threads need to be stickied. Maybe the chat thread and the QOTD/W but like lists, general art medium threads, etc don't need to be there imo. But that's just me

schlotty likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was thinking about that the other day. I'm wondering if maybe we could just have the chat thread on top and maybe a thread with guidelines? I do agree, it is a bit rough looking through all of them to find the top thread. I know I've only stickied one since I've been in there. Didn't want to go changing anything too much just yet. Totally cool with limiting it though.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I unstickied most of them. Going forward we'll see if there is any push back. I'm open to changes and criticism, so we'll see.

scott likes this.
  20. I think it works best in the sports forum to have more stickied, since that's where almost all the convos happen. In the entertainment forum, however most occurr in individual threads, so it doesn't make as much sense to have all of those stickies. I do think that the chat, and the question of the week should be though. Those make sense.

schlotty and Wharf Rat like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't get Vevo to embed correctly. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get them to paste as plaintext instead of automatically embedding

22. irthesteve

That embed is a big grey rectangle with a sad face on it from my end

23. I know, I am testing it here, heh. Vevo doesn't support https on their default embedding. Looking into it.

To just paste a link you can just link it regularly in the meantime.

24. irthesteve

I was trying to turn it into a link by using the link text as the text, but I guess it only works when you use text that isn't a link. If that makes sense to you.

This works: regular words
    This doesn't:

25. Vevo doesn't serve their video embeds from HTTPS at all it seems. Deleting them for the time being.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.