Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TedSchmosby, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I wish this show was still running so this thread was more justified, but Seinfeld has a topic so what the hell. Discuss Buffy (and Angel).

2. saturdaysaviour Mar 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2017)
    saturdaysaviour

Regular

Apparently it's the 20th anniversary of the series next month! I'm loving all the Buffy articles that have been coming out because of it, especially about the glorious 90s fashion.

figureitout likes this.
  3. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

One of my favourite shows!

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It's one of the few that really transports me to another world, and I am forever grateful for that

5. figureitout

Regular

My all-time favorite show. The 20th anniversary is a good excuse for me to re-watch it again soon, since it's been a few years now.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  6. saturdaysaviour

Regular

What's everyone's favourite episodes? Just caught 'School Hard' on tv and that's definitely one of mine.

7. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Some of mine were Once More With Feeling, the entire Faith arc in season three, The Zeppo, and the Dark Willow trilogy

8. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

The Body is so good

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've only watched the full series once but have seen a few episodes a few more times. The Zeppo, The Body, Hush, and Once More With Feeling are some standouts for me.
    I'm definitely due for a rewatch soon.

NewSurrender likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Worst episode is either Beer Bad or the one where Buffy and Riley can't stop boning down

11. saturdaysaviour

Regular

The endless boning episode is pretty bad, but at least it gave us Giles singing Behind Blue Eyes!

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Tru

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Have you guys watched Angel? What are your thoughts on it?

14. figureitout

Regular

Some of my favorites:
    Once More With Feeling, The Body, The Wish, Hush, Same Time Same Place, Normal Again, Passion, The Gift

15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I love Angel. Season four was my favourite with the Angelus/The Beast storyline. Season five was also excellent

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer Angel to Buffy. Both are great shows, but Angel has always been my favourite.

17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Apparently this and Angel are coming off Netflix at the end of the month. Not sure if that's the case here in Canada too, but I probably should have gotten all the seasons on DVD a while ago - the special features are great. I've been trying to get a friend to watch this for years, and she finally agreed to start it this summer, so if she thinks she's off the hook she has something else coming to her

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This is the first time everyone has gotten together since the show ended, right? Super nice to see

Is Boreanaz actually a vampire though? They all look great, but dude could straight up play Angel again and they wouldn't have to provide some sort of explanation in regards to aging

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  20. Letterbomb31 Jan 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 7, 2018)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished a rewatch of Angel and I can confirm that it's still one of my favourite shows ever. Although after all these years I still don't know how I feel about Angel killing Drogyn... I guess that's kind of the point.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Started reading the comic and I'm not sure I'm a fan of where they start it off.

22. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

This was the first show that got me "into" tv. Before Buffy, I really only watched tv for comedy (the Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Friends), and I would mostly just watch the reruns of those; I didn't think about tv in the serialized sense.

Anyway, Buffy was the first show I watched that made think at a deeper level about how tv could be an artistic medium on the same level as any other. Much of the CGI is godawful and some of the dialogue hasn't aged very well, but its most powerful moments still hit incredibly hard (all this goes for Angel as well).

Incredible show.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

so this reboot tho...

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I mean, into each generation a slayer is born, so if they go that route that's cool.

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm interested