Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Budweiser Renaming Beer “America” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wait so is this permanent or just for the summer?

2. Are you me

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. obermann512

Grew up a half hour west of Milwaukee. Miller is life.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Haven't had too many Budweisers in my life and this name change is really making a push to keep it that way.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  6. Phillip

BOO

As a beer snob, it looks like I'll be switching to America from Coors Light. Never thought I'd see the day.

7. Expanse

If you need cheap beer, Rolling Rock is the only way. Or Tecate though it is an aquired taste.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Tecate is my go to beer

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

They could have at least went real redneck on us and called it "Murika".

Knowing this is potentially going to be the face of beer for our beloved country, I'm appalled.

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Being completely sober since November (not sure how long I will actually go. Probably a full year at this point), it's been a while since I paid attention to any news from the big corporations and the craft scene. It doesn't take a whole lot to understand how dumb of an idea this is by AB InBev. I was a relatively early adopter in the craft game having friends and family into brewing their own beer and going to Great Lakes early on. My go to cheap beer for some reason was Carling Black Label because I preferred Labatt and Molson Canadian to cheap American beer and I didn't think Black Label was that different, but cheaper in the states.

11. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Just what we need – a patriotic beer.

At least I could pour a Budweiser into the toilet and say, "America is in the shitter."

12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Atwater. The best.

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Coors fam forever.

14. Tata Toothy

Regular

You don't think this will sell? Haha that's too funny.

Every redneck is creaming their pants right now. I hate bud but this will sell very easily.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I like Bud Heavies. But I also exclusively drank Natty Light for years and while I do agree craft beers are better I don't think it's enough to justify the price difference.

Speaking of which I hate how because I'm a 20 something year old everyone thinks I have these opinions on what is a good type of craft beer is. I could care less. Just give me a Budweiser and I'll be fine.

16. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Red white and booze

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/saugatuckbrewingcompany/posts/1293174410711580:0

Fear not, America. We're here to make beer named after America great again.

We're very proud to introduce our brand new name and packaging, along with the assurance that all of our beer is brewed under the careful watch of 1,776 Bald Eagles. This ensures that every drop of our beer is as true and honest as our fore fathers before us. Unlike other "America" beers, our brewery is completely American owned.

What does it taste like, you ask? Freedom. It tastes like Freedom.

Drink American, drink Saugatuck Brewing Company.

‪#‎MURICA‬

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh. I hate the whole murica trend. I cringe every time I see or hear it.