Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Budweiser Made in America 2016 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by mgiannotti, Aug 3, 2016.

1. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

September 3-4, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA

[​IMG]

Website
    Tickets

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Bad lineup, IMO. Will wait for the days to be separated to see if I want tickets. I'd love to see Chance and am interested in seeing what Weezy would play. Khaled could have some cool guests. Uzi is a plus.

3. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I think the lineup is great. Rihanna, Coldplay, Jamie xx, Chance, Grimes, Mustard, Khaled will be super fun, St. Lucia, Desiigner, Uzi and Yachty, Gallant, Basement, Touche, Car Seat Headrest, Sophie Beem, Kevin Devine, Day Wave, Cherry Glazerr, From Indian Lakes, Aaron West, Porches, and Into It. Over It.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

None of the major headliners jump out at me, at least compared to Ye/Beyonce/Modest Mouse/The National from the past few years. Even the lesser known rock acts don't interest me. Last year you had Hop Along and a few others that were dope.

5. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I can understand that, but this is the first lineup that I've actually been willing to spend the money on. My friends who go to Villanova have gone for the past few years, so I'm excited for it.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's definitely a fun time, I'll be drunk for most of it anyway

mgiannotti likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this lineup is really great, would have considered this as my fest of the summer if i didn't already have pitchfork, am considering coming up for saturday if the day by day lineup is solid though

8. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

FKA twigs just got added.

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The top part of this bill is such a contrast to the lower end. Basement, Touche Amore, Aaron West, Kevin Devine, From Indian Lakes, and Into It. Over It. on the same bill as Rihanna and Coldplay is strange yet very cool.

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Went to this from 2012-14. Always an AWFUL crowd, mainly due to the fact that the people who turn up to this are not regular concert goers. Maybe I'm just used to the NYC concert crowd though. Also, was so pointless when they booked indie stuff like Phoenix, the National, Spoon, Miike Snow as only about 5% of the crowd knew them.

11. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

No thanks.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Maybe one day, this will actually take place in STL. Not holding my breathe though.

13. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Wait do they sell single day passes or nah?

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Going Sunday I think

15. EOTCDXVI

Regular

I feel like From Indian Lakes is really random given the rest of the lineup.

16. cwhit

they just put that on there
    IIOI, car seat headrest, aaron west, touche, kevdev, porches?

17. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

[​IMG]
    Set times are up. There's a few conflicts for me. Porches and Uzi overlap a bit, SZA and Car Seat Headrest overlap a little. I don't know if I should catch Yachty and Touché, or catch Yachty and DJ Khaled late since i'm seeing Touché headline in October. Other than that, it works out great.

18. Fronnyfron

No Grimes on there?

19. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Grimes dropped due to illness, which really sucks.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Be there Sunday

21. Fronnyfron

Well I'm glad I didn't commit to tomorrow then. Gonna save $$

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Looks like Lil Wayne just announced his retirement. Wonder if that means we're just getting a 2 Chainz show tonight?

23. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Kevin Devine was saying something on Twitter about how the stage with him and touché was basically abandoned by the rest of the festival

24. cwhit

not surprising

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Like, attendance-wise, or by organizers?