Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Buddy Nielsen Starts New Project With Finch Members • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2016.

1. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Will listen with interest.

2. Renacer was so good. I don't understand why Thorns sucked so bad. I listened once and didn't want to again. But I spun Renacer throughout the whole year and I still do. This will be cool though. I always love Buddy's vocals

3. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Sounds interesting, will check this out for sure.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer sounded like a mix between Comeback Kid and Deftones. It was bad ass musically and the lyrics were so inspirational to me.

With Thorns, it became just generic hardcore with songs that were overall a lot less memorable for me. Maybe it was the guitars not soaring?? Maybe it was the vocal approach?? It just disappointed me on so many levels since Renacer was such a sentimental record that means a lot to me. If Buddy can bring back the heavy Deftones vibes on the next record and leave the guitar parts to Roach/Smith, we should be good.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Not sure how I feel about this. 2016 Me can still jam to some 2002 Finch, but going back to listen to 2002 Senses Fail (and most of their albums really) makes me cringe.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Excited to say that Grizzly, Daniel and Alex have joined forces with Buddy Nielsen to start a new band called
    'Speak The Truth... Even If Your Voice Shakes'
    we're writing songs, jamming, recording and having a good time doing something new! Hopefully we'll be able to share the music soon.
    I'm sure we'll get back to doing some Finch business some point soon but for now we're jamming with friends and creating positive vibes to send out into the universe!

BleedingDodgerBlue likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I love it. I think Renacer is their best, but lyrically Thorns does a ton for me.

8. tjm

Thorns was a horrible follow up to Renacer, I've always liked SF but I feel the missteps in their work were The Fire to a certain extent and Throns was a a total let down.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

...to break skin or nah?

10. euphguapo

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Thorns more than Renacer, huh.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if I'd put thorns above Renacer, but I didn't realize how vehemently people disliked It haha. Reading these comments you'd think they were drastically different. I they're actually quite similar.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Good. I'd put Renacer over Thorns, but two of their strongest in my opinion. I was glad they played a bunch of songs from it on the Silverstein co-headliner.

slimfenix182 likes this.