Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Buddy Nielsen Starts New Project With Finch Members • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I have honestly not listened to anything off Thorns. Just never got around to it. So I can't really say much about it. I liked Renacer though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That's what I like to hear. I don't need old SF, but the only songs I've liked off the past two have been the more melodic ones, and the heavy hasn't been as good as bayonet in my opinion. Too sludgy and awfully boring lyrics.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I was expecting SF to take a more hardcore punk approach like Bayonet, but it seemed like the heavier SF was more toeing the metal border, which is fine. I would be happy to have Bayonet return. I guess with that SF would then expand off Waiting Room or The Fire.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

He literally just tweeted on Friday about a new band.

5. ibanez966

Buddy posted about it on reddit a couple weeks ago. He said it was all members of Finch but Nate.

edit: Although, Finch's twitter at that time says just "Daniel, Alex and Grizzly" so maybe R2K wasn't even considered a member of Finch at that point?

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Agreed on pretty much all points. Heavy-SF just feels sweaty and dirty to me, if that makes any sense haha. I think the more experimental stuff way more (surrender, frost flower, etc); actually sounds fresh and can be built off of. I'd love a follow up to The Fire. Didn't care for most of Waiting Room. Buddy's choruses have become a recurring weak point for me.

7. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I'll listen to this when it drops, but i'm not finding myself particularly excited for it. I was never the biggest Finch fan, and I don't like the idea of the album sounding like 2002, but I do like Buddy and I have a lot of respect for him.

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm excited about this!

9. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I'm also in the camp that loves Renacer but can't really get into PTTFYH.

But color me excited about this, because I love Finch too.

10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Interested to hear what 2002 sounds like in 2016

supernovagirl and Brent like this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Man I love me some Finch, and Senses Fail can be great, so this could be good.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Interested to hear this as a fan of both bands.

13. blacktaxi2d

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Never listened to Finch and I only liked a couple of Senses Fail releases but the 2002 description caught my eye and made me curious and judging by this thread, I'm not the only one. This has to be the first time I've ever heard a band I wouldn't normally listen to describe themselves in a way that makes me wanna listen and I am so taking notes.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  15. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I believe was a rumor of a Finch/Senses Fail tour at one point.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I don't see them gaining any traction with their new music. I was surprised they did anything after the WIITB tour.

18. TFT87

Regular

I really miss the melodic, post-hardcore side of SF (Let It Enfold You, Still Searching). Unfortunately without Garrett I doubt we'll get another old-school sounding Senses Fail record.

kyle likes this.
  19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone know anything about them doing some Still Searching 10 year dates?

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Am I one of the few that really liked Thorns? There's some forgettable tracks, but it's a pretty well-rounded record in my opinion.

21. I'm down for this.

22. robargarthan

Thorns is my favorite one so you're not alone haha.

23. Jake Z

Regular

Sounding like 2002 is fine by me. Considering that era was the pinnacle one could argue for the "scene", I don't know why anyone would see that as a big negative.

24. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I'm all for the 2002 idea, I mean it was when TBS and Finch had their first albums, only a few months after Brand New's debut, and bands like Sum 41 and New Found Glory were rising in popularity, so excited to see what they have in store.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Not expecting much, but I'm certainly interested.