Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BTS Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 28, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

BTS have the number one album in the country this week:

It’s a big week for K-pop, as Korean boy band BTS debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with Love Yourself: Tear — the first chart-topper for the K-pop genre.

The set, which was released through BitHit Entertainment on May 18, launches with 135,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending May 24, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 100,000 were in traditional album sales.

nomemorial likes this.
  2. Spenny

Regular

Awesome stuff - good for them. I have a a k-pop addiction that comes in waves and they are putting out some solid music.

3. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

It is, indeed, a banger.

4. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Awesome.

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Not sure how popular these guys are in the States, but it's pretty ludicrous that a K-pop band would top the charts with over 100k in album sales in 2018.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

those sales are only US sales, so that's how popular they are

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Exactly. I know there's a huge market outside of North America for bands like these, but I never thought I'd see the day where they become that popular here.