Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

well alright then man,

Born to Run
    Wild Innocent
    Darkness
    Nebraska
    The River
    Wrecking Ball
    Greetings
    Born in the USA
    Magic
    Lucky Town
    Tom Joad
    Devils/Dust
    High Hopes
    Tunnel o' Love
    Working on a Dream
    Human Touch
    We Shall Overcome

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

agree completely. Listened for the first time the other day because i added "if i should fall behind" to the list of possible wedding songs but i had never actually listened to the whole record.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Definitely. Not to say I don't love political Bruce, but this record he's been working on has always sounded very intriguing.

I know we have some Lucky Town fans in here, but you gotta go with Tunnel of Love first. The fact that it's his most personal record should make it top priority.

4. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I need to listen to the Promise - honestly it's pretty mind blowing that a song as good as Ain't Good Enough For You didn't make the album.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Both that and The Ties That Bind are a dream. Imagine your favorite band put out one of their greatest, most revered albums. Then four decades later, they say: "Oh, actually we had another twenty songs from those sessions that were just as good. Here you go."

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I thought Tunnel of Love's rep had been sufficiently rehabilitated now,
    but apparently it's still really underrated

Barresi likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The most recent ep. of encore podcast got me revisiting all live springsteen albums/recordings/bootlegs.

Whats everyones favorite live springsteen recording/album?

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hammersmith Odeon ftw.

thebloodhound likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I prefer Live 1975-85 to Odeon, actually. My favorite versions of "The River" and "No Surrender" are on there, and then the definitive version of "Jersey Girl." That "Jersey Girl" version might have my second favorite Clarence moment in the entire catalog.

10. Barresi

Passaic Night, September 19th, 1978. Absolute perfection.

Pepetito likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

They should have released Clarence's last show as an official live album. One of the greatest bootlegs I've ever heard. I think, if there was a soundboard version of it, I would probably actually prefer the Greetings segment to the studio version of Greetings.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Barresi likes this.
  13. Barresi

All-time favorite Bruce performances, no question.

Actually, any bootleg you can find of Backstreets from '77-'78 is pretty fantastic. His interludes are always incredible. I forget which show it's from, but he starts saying "I wish God would send some angels, and blow this whole fucking town right into the sea" over and over again. Dude was angry.

14. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

picked up Born in the U.S.A. and Tunnel of Love for $5 a pop today

feeling blessed by the boss

15. Craig Manning

Good timing: Born in the USA turned 33 yesterday.

DaydreamNation and Aregala like this.
  16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

omg definitely gotta give it that spin then

Craig Manning likes this.
  17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

maaaaaaaaaaaaan side 2 of Tunnel of Love is just so good

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

was helping my parents move last weekend and I came across my mom's copy of tunnel of love from the 80s, barely played still in a plastic sleeve. was very excited to take it home since they don't have a record player anymore.

Aregala likes this.
  19. Barresi

"Two Faces" and "Valentine's Day" are so insanely underrated.

Anti-Counter-Culture and Aregala like this.
  20. thebloodhound

Regular

Any hints where I could acquire this online?

I'm a big fan of Bruce's bootlegs, the energy of the man, the band and the crowd is so contagious.

21. Craig Manning

"One Step Up" still kills me.

22. Barresi

thebloodhound likes this.
  23. Blaine Ryan Jun 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2017)
    Blaine Ryan

There are mysteriously some really solid songs from the Human Touch/Lucky Town sessions on Tracks. He could've put "Sad Eyes" on Touch and made it a single.

cshadows2887 and DaydreamNation like this.
  24. Somewhat related to the last ten or so posts in this thread...What Bruce album is the most underappreciated? For me it's probably either Tunnel of Love or Lucky Town. Tunnel of Love is probably the better record of the two but Lucky Town is so often maligned (largely through a guilty-by-association thing with HT) that for me it is probably the more underappreciated of the two.

Thoughts?

25. Craig Manning

You could definitely argue either of those. Lucky Town gets shit on more, but it's also not as good. His "hot streak" is considered to be the first seven records, even though Tunnel of Love is better than two or three of them.

Barresi and Aregala like this.