Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Petty fans failing to appreciate how good Hypnotic Eye was when Tom was still here is definitely something that continues to disappoint me.

2. j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Human Touch & Lucky Town turn 30 today. Will give ‘em both a spin later.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  4. Uh oh, since my parents always talk about playing those records non stop right before they had me I must turn 30 soon too!

Sean Murphy likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

young whippersnapper

6. soggytime

Trusted

Very strange to think about what records were possibly played while my parents conceived me

7. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I cant get into any of his albums between 1988-2001.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i definitely dont prefer any of his 90s work very much but, i dont mind revisiting them from time to time.

9. The Emologist

Crusted

Rosalita is simply the best.

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.
  10. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Still can’t listen to it once my mom told me this was the go to record. lol

11. Luckily I was born in June so I think the two Bruce records are safely well past conception lol

12. ManchesterOrch8

juss gonna leave this here...

13. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

probably something from journey if i really had to guess. i always heard they were baby makin music.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.
  15. ManchesterOrch8

As the son of a Vietnam vet (not that you have to be to appreciate it), Born in the USA still gets me almost everytime.

While a lot of lines hit, after hearing my father’s stories of what it was like when he and his friends came home and the after effects so many of them dealt with, (the complete and utter absence of support from the VA and a lot of ~patriotic~ folks completely discounting their service, etc),

‘I’m ten years burning down the road, no where to run ain’t got no where to go’ is just powerful.

Fuck Glenn Beck forever for calling it an anti-American/anti ~the troops~ song.

Barresi and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

navidson and DaydreamNation like this.
  18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Nice arrangement. But he sings like he has no idea what these words, or possibly any words, mean.

19. And the shitty ripple effects of the catalog sale begin

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

certainly sounds like a Tommy Hilfiger ad

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

As someone who leads strategy in brand partnerships (and in transparency has worked with this artist team specifically -- lovely, talented guy -- but not on the TH campaign), my POV is that you have to take these kinds of big catalog sales as an opportunity to (1) keep the original music alive for others to discover and (2) give some newer artists the runway to cover/interact with music in an official way that they might not have had access to otherwise.

Obviously there are less successful or authentic versions of the above goal, but it's a valid pursuit in a world where artists make more money from brands and merch than their music.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't know, didn't hate the cover, but it's also probably the first Shawn Mendes song I've ever heard :shrug:

That said, this song is one that I'll like any cover of. I still listen to the Hot Chip version all the time.

23. what's everyone's favorite cover of a Bruce song? it's a boring pick but mine is probably the RATM Tom Joad

24. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Brian Fallon got bored and did a version of I'm on fire that I enjoy a lot

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I don't know if it's my absolute favorite, but I really adore this cover of "Bobby Jean."